Thread: M715 Fresh Air Heater Parts

Default M715 Fresh Air Heater Parts

I've read ALL the post but can't find where to go to purchase the cables/knobs for the Heater on my M725, should be the same as the M715. I've about got it restored with new wiring, lights and interior. Rebuilt heater but need the cables. HELP!

I need the Heater Switch, Defrost Control Cable, Heat Control Cable, and the Air Control Cable.

Thanks

Welcome
    Vintage Power Wagons had several of the Fresh Air cable, and the Heat/Temp cables in NOS condition. But I think that they are long sold out. Worth calling them though, as they seem to find parts that they don't even know that they have

As for the Defroster cable, they are pretty much a unicorn.
    Back in 2013, I lucked into one in NOS condition selling on ebay. Paid $75.00 for it and felt very lucky to win that auction.

Default M725 Heater

Thanks for the information. I'll give them a call.

If you can not find any originals, the universal choke cables from Napa work just fine and the only difference is that the knobs are not engraved with the function on them.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

I have run across a lot of OD green knobs looking on ebay for various things. Look at some of the smaller jeeps sites. Like the M38A1 and GPW stuff. Worst case you might be able to remove the knob if say the rod was to short and epoxy it on to one that fit. I also would look daily at ebay for the correct item. I can't say how many times I have found what I was looking for. Persistence is the key here.

If they are long enough, the olive drab NOS military choke cables found on ebay would be an great alternative. A crafty person could sand off the "CHOKE" wording and repaint on the appropriate words.

One of the cables are really long. I should measure my two spares that I have stashed away and post results.

That's exactly what I did Dan. Then I clear coated the stenciling on the defrost cable.

Thanks for all the help!

Can you detail for us exactly how you did this?

The fresh air and heat are stock cables. The only one made of unobtanium 10 yrs ago was the defrost.

This was a choke cable and it had the word "choke" indented in it. I filled the lettering in, sanded it smooth, painted with 24087. I got the smallest rub-on letters at an art store and put them on the cable. I then used a clear coat to protect the lettering.

I used the choke cable because it had the same profile and was metal like the other knobs.

It's been 10 yrs and it still looks the same.
    Thanks for all the help!

I thought I would add a clear coat that I have been using that is so tough the only way to remove it is bead blasting. Even blasting is very difficult. NOTHING touches it like paint stripper or lacquer thinner, etc. It just does not work.
    It's cerakote MC 160 clear gloss ceramic coating. They offer satin too. Cerakote products are for many things but mainly for painting guns. I seriously have never used it for that. But I have used a half dozen different air cure products on a restoration and several other projects. I rebuilt some aluminum turbine wheels. Inlaid black auto paint in the textured parts, then clear coated the entire wheel. I did this 2 years ago and the wheels look like brand new still. That was how I found this product. I also use Glacier black on exhaust parts. Good for 1800 degrees, it still looks new. It is the most amazing product and so worth mentioning for coating truck parts. Pick a color. They have everything. I only use the air cure products.
    You don't mix catalyst's, you can spray it in a preval sprayer and dump the excess back in the original container. Rinse the preval sprayer with acetone and set it aside for later. It is too easy. Wear a respirator. It will gag you.

https://www.cerakote.com/