Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $39,995 m-725?

Default $39,995 m-725?

For sale in the latest issue of Military Vehicles is a "New" M-725 for $39,995. Lets not all rush to purchase it at the same time!! We don't want to create a traffic jam.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

It's been in there for quite a while and I think we have at least one other thread about it.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Its still for sale?! At that price I figured it'd be snapped up by a collector.

Be careful what you say about it though. That seller like to threaten lawsuits rather frequently for slander.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Is this the vehicle that only had 2 miles or something like that on it? Randy, I can't tell if your kidding or not. Do you think the truck is worth 40g's? Is it even possible for a M725 to be brand new?
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Wonder if it still has the same piece of plywood in front of the radiator!
    1968 M725(2)
    1967 M715
    1967 M725(2)
    1963 M43
    1954 M37
    1967 M103A3 w/M1010 Body

Quote Originally Posted by militarypotts View Post
    Is this the vehicle that only had 2 miles or something like that on it? Randy, I can't tell if your kidding or not. Do you think the truck is worth 40g's? Is it even possible for a M725 to be brand new?
    There was a rather lengthy thread about this supposed "new" M725 a few months or so ago. Barrman has even spoken to this guy as well. He's a real character. A couple people that live in the real world have actually tried to explain to this gentleman that he's just a wee bit out of the ballpark only to be met with threats of lawsuits for slander among other choice things.

In answer to your questions, yes, not even, and most likely not.

Quote Originally Posted by randyscycle View Post
    There was a rather lengthy thread about this supposed "new" M725 a few months or so ago. Barrman has even spoken to this guy as well. He's a real character. A couple people that live in the real world have actually tried to explain to this gentleman that he's just a wee bit out of the ballpark only to be met with threats of lawsuits for slander among other choice things.
    Wonder how I missed this? These "senior moments" must be getting worse!!
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

Could you really put a lawsuit against someone for saying a vehicle is over priced? These kind of things happen all the time in the car/truck hobby. Does this guy have both oars in the water?
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by militarypotts View Post
    Could you really put a lawsuit against someone for saying a vehicle is over priced? These kind of things happen all the time in the car/truck hobby. Does this guy have both oars in the water?
    I doubt you could sue someone for slander after generally saying his truck is overpriced and may not be what he thinks it is, but with the current state of affairs these days, I am sure someone would be willing to try it.

As far as the oars, I suspect at that price neither are anywhere near the water, but in fact are in the shed stored in the rafters.

Here are some pics I saved of it. It's only $39,995????

1968 M725(2)
    1967 M715
    1967 M725(2)
    1963 M43
    1954 M37
    1967 M103A3 w/M1010 Body