Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: CPO Dave's restoration thread. (Ser#14690)

Very nice.

I would put a Y connector into the rear parking wire, and run a short distance to the passenger side, either make a simple metal mount to match a couple of the stock bolt holes or drill new ones to mount the plate with a simple license plate light

I wouldn't do removable in case you forget it put it on, or turn on the light

You might not need a plate. I know some states let you run your truck with just your hood numbers. I am pretty sure Texas is one of them. I am sure someone will chime in with the info.

Default Sandblasting almost complete now.

1 April 2015
    Newport News, Va.

Hi everyone! A couple of pictures of War Pig's cab tub today after sandblasting. About 90 percent of the body work is blasted now. Looking at epoxy primer next Monday maybe. Bed and tailgate will have to come later after my checkbook fattens up again after this milestone is complete.

Hope everyone is doing well and in great health.

Dave-
    (W4CPO)

Even Chuck Norris drove a 715.

Default Some new pictures.

6 April 2014
    Newport News / Richmond, Va. (I'm at work)

While waiting for the body to be finished up and with some help, we got the dash gauge cluster cleaned up painted and installed all new gauges, lights and a new speedometer. Still have to install the high beam indicator light. The new white decal labeling adds a little something extra.

BEFORE -

AFTER -

Looks great!

Default Headlight buckets

10 April 2015
    Newport News, Va.

Hi everyone. well the painter picked up the GCI 24087 paint yesterday. That is great news. He should be slinging the OD today. In the meantime, we are still working on everything else. Spent a couple of nights working on the RH side headlight bucket and both headlight trim rings. Tore the RH bucket apart, cleaned and painted everything and lubricated all the screws and springs so they hopefully won't rust and seize. We will start on the LH side today.

Best wishes!
    Dave-
    (W4CPO)

Quote Originally Posted by David Zelinski View Post
    6 April 2014
    Newport News / Richmond, Va. (I'm at work)

While waiting for the body to be finished up and with some help, we got the dash gauge cluster cleaned up painted and installed all new gauges, lights and a new speedometer. Still have to install the high beam indicator light. The new white decal labeling adds a little something extra.

BEFORE -

AFTER -

Looking great, although the only gauges labeled were the FUEL and HIGH BEAM and they were placed below the gauge. here is Don's pick of the gauges in his truck in Germany.

As great as of a job that you have been doing on your truck, I just thought you might want to see the correct versions.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Yeah Dave ("Beast"). I saw his pix after I applied the decals. I'm not going to change it now though. Hopefully when people see the truck, they won't notice LOL!

That is some fantastic work, it's going to be a beautiful truck. Maybe some day I'll be able to take mine down all the way and refurb all of it.

On the plate(s).. I'm in TX and they want 2 plates. I found a flat spot on the back just inboard of the driver's side bumperette and mounted it there with a tag light over it. I haven't mounted the front plate yet.... If your ride is cool enough the cops will cut you some slack.
    I heard there's a movement to drop the front plate requirement... save money on plate printing... maybe the cost of tag renewal would drop... NOT!
    I did get an awful lot of looks from them though... don't know how much was from the lack of front plate... most was probably from the red light that was mounted on the hood. HIGHLY illegal in TX..

Default Thanks Von! (and other stuff)

Von, Virginia has some real weird laws in regards to "historic" vehicles. But you are correct. It will be up to the individual "Peace Officer" if they want to mess with me or not. We'll see. Thanks for the real kind words though

Here is today playing...

Some small parts baking in the warm sun here. Using one of my ham radio di-pole antenna LMR-400 coax feedlines as a safe hanger LOL! Mother of Invention kiss me now please! These are the hood blackout light bracket and door mount mirror arms.