Thread: Made it Home

Default Made it Home

Well, I picked the truck up in Jersey today and made it home towing it with the Dodge. No problems at all, 50-60mph the whole way. It went a lot better than I thought it would. We left the trailer at my Uncle's and I drove the truck home (up a big hill and down the other side) with no problem. It started life as a maintenance truck (it has welder/generator placards and a switch,) but got a regular bed somewhere along the way. There are a couple minor things to go over, but it seems solid. Hopefully here are some pictures:

Did you have any trailer sway? I usually load mine a bit more forward than that. I like things a bit more tongue-heavy than they need to be though. It looks like you've got the M715's center of gravity right between the two axles of the trailer.

Glad it was a safe, uneventful trip. Congratulations! Looks like a great truck!
    -- Tim Taylor

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Good looking truck! Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Binford View Post
    Did you have any trailer sway? I usually load mine a bit more forward than that. I like things a bit more tongue-heavy than they need to be though. It looks like you've got the M715's center of gravity right between the two axles of the trailer.

Glad it was a safe, uneventful trip. Congratulations! Looks like a great truck!
    Well, I kind of left it up to my uncle where to load it, I know we couldn't go back any more and we only had about 1 1/4" before the dodge was bottomed out in the rear, so that's why it sat where it sat.. No sway at all, that's what I was most worried about (aside from worrying about the last 2 big hills which is why we took it off and drove it home.) It was about 10 miles and I'm very happy I saw no state troopers in that span.

Good deal! Glad it worked out so well for you. Like I said, that looks like a great truck!

What color is it? It looks a little darker green than I'm used to seeing. Almost black. I really like it.
    -- Tim Taylor

Nice looking winch truck! I like the updated turn signals and taillights. Straight tailgate too, that's pretty rare if you don't know. Welcome to the fun here!

It's a darker olive green, the lights, etc are new I believe because the guy who had it before the guy I bought it from switched over to 12 volt, this guy changed back. I don't really know if that's why, but it sounds good. The body (to me) is unbelievable. The driver's side rocker has some rot, but other than that everything is solid. There is an unused rear PTO (sprocket drive) which I guess ran the welder.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Welcome to the Zone!

I know that first picture well, as I saw the same view for 6-7 hours bringing my 715 home!

It was on a 12,000lb trailer with a Dodge 2500 Cummins on I 64 all the way through West Virginia. I knew it was back there.

Nice.
    Good to hear things went ok.