Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there any reason why

I shouldn't put synthetic oil in my good running stock 230? I just swapped synthetic into my CJ 225 Buick V6 and it's sweet. Granted the lame rear rope crank seal weeps just a little more but it seems to be a good choice. I bought an extra 5 quart jug for the M715 and was going to do it on the next oil change. Whadya think?
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Default Is there any reason why

I run castrol syntec in ALL my motors (even the lawn mower&pressure washer) and they love every minuite of it.

Sure seems like good stuff. I found the best price at wally world (walmart). About 18 bucks for a 5 quart jug. Cheaper than anybody... Here is an interesting study...
    http://neptune.spacebears.com/cars/s.../oil-life.html

I use Castrol Syntec in all of my stuff also. My 2000 Suburban actually picked up over 1 mpg when I switched it after the second oil change.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Just urious Al, did you think there was a reason that synthetic would not be a god oil in the 230? ?By the way you started your first post I wondered...
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Don't some seals react differently to different composition oils?? That'd be my only concern that you may develope some leaks...
    Big Blocks RULE!

Brute, I was tieing my subject line into my first sentence. I was pretty much looking for someone to say....No don't do it because....
    My M715 marks its territory daily. I'm wondering if it will all just leak out faster. BTW, I drove it 25 miles to work today. I sure dig that truck. I can't wait to get the troop seats installed..

Al, I'd run the synthetic. I've also heard of the 1mpg that tim mentioned.

BTW, aren't you glad you kept the 715!!!
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

Absolutely!!! That truck is the (how do you say) the shizzle! , work sucks today. Been working all day and 'm not near done. I usually sit around and surf on saturdays like everyone else. I do wish my truck was a 69 though. I won't hold it against it.... I have a great picture of both military rigs side by side. I was thinking about blowing it up and tacking it to my ceiling above my bed. You know so I could look at it while I'm in bed.... Should I plastic coat it???

Have you seen the tear away windshield covers they use in nascar...they would probably work great.

I can't freaking believe I replied to that, you Al.
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.