Thread: grantshire : Wiper Conversion Info?

Default grantshire : Wiper Conversion Info?

Wiper Conversion Info?
    Post by grantshire on Jul 9, 2006, 6:18am

I have tried the search function with no success. My M715 came without wiper motors and wipers. Where can I find information on converting to an electri wiper setup? I have been following the recent posts on wiper arms but the only wiper related things on my windshield are some holes through it. Since mine is not a full resto I would prefer electric wipers.

Thanks for the help.

Richard

Default fasteddie :

Re: Wiper Conversion Info?
    Post by fasteddie on Jul 9, 2006, 7:58am

I have a 725 with vaccum wipers . I purchased a electric system from Specialty power windows , they have a website . They make conversion systems for street rods , this unit is a cable driven unit which is universal . If your window folds down it probably wont work . Have not installed it yet maybe next week, but seems rather easy . I got the unit with a 144 inch cable so the motor could be located in a lower kick panel on left side of cab . There are differant options to the system , got the one with 2 speeds and delay since this truck is my everyday driver . Tech said that it would handle snow with no problem . Nice thing is that it has a lifetime warranty . The degree of sweep and park position is adjustable . Also purchased their wiper arms with bent arm so they would park flat against window gasket , only thing is that they are polished stainless .

Default grantshire :

Post by grantshire on Jul 9, 2006, 9:04am

My M715 is a soft top version so the windshield folds down (one of the features I like). With so many conversion kits out there surely someone has found oneto fit these trucks.

Thanks for the reply and information.

Richard

Default k8icu :

Post by k8icu on Jul 9, 2006, 10:21am

Here is a web page from a guy who did a conversion on a M37 dodge. Looks like a good set up. You might want to take a look to see what you info you can gleam from it.

http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/electricwipers.htm

Also for what it's worth the M35A3 2.5 tons were converted to electric wipers. I've done a breif search on the web, but can't find the any real info on it. If someone who is a real web crawler can come up with anything and post it that would be great.

Default binfordm715 :

Post by binfordm715 on Jul 9, 2006, 10:35am

Al (kaiserjeeps) did a conversion to marine (boat) electric wiper motors. I think brute4c knows something of this as well. (Probably a few others I'm insulting by not recalling too!)

Lots of low-quality ones out there (JC Whipme, etc.), but the boat ones were supposed to be the schizzle.

I know there have been posts about it. I thought on this Pseudo board too, but I couldn't find them with a search. But there's an answer for you, grantshire, that will make you happy.

Default k8icu :

Post by k8icu on Jul 9, 2006, 11:08am

It looks like the M35a3 uses a single motor cabled to each arm. Much like fasteddie is talking about. Here's a pic

The wiper motor is mounted to the center of the windshield where it splits and then has a cable running along the top of the windshield to the arms (behind the metal covers.)

Default robertcowan :

Post by robertcowan on Jul 9, 2006, 12:18pm

A.B. LINN SELLS THE ELECTRIC WIPER KITS. 40.00 EACH SIDE I THINK.
    BOB