Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: brute4c : 6217 specs....

Default kaizenator :

Re: 6217 specs....
    Post by kaizenator on Nov 13, 2006, 11:44am

scott,

I am interested in how you have it set up for your service business (compartmental organization). I intend on using mine for my construction company, general service calls and repairs, and for in field fleet repair. Did you take pictures during the rehabbing and painting process, I'd like to see them? Your truck really looks sharp. Thats the first time I've seen one with the front glass down, also.

Default kaizenator :

Post by kaizenator on Nov 13, 2006, 12:12pm

does anyone have any literature on the generator and or welder?

Default no3shopset :

Post by no3shopset on Nov 13, 2006, 4:05pm

Kaizenator, I am trying to stay with the original military setup for the cabinets.They did a darn good job figuring out what tools should be onboard. I will make a few additions such as the rear work light / carrying a highlift jack / pioneer tool kit/ plasma cutter ect.

I have been a heavy equipment mechanic working out of a service truck for 17 years now and have a pretty good idea whats needed to keep machinery moving.I recently moved to a fleet of light trucks for a very local ( to me) agency and use my service trucks to maintain the local contractors equipment.
    I have not taken many pictures, but I could take some as I go.Still working the details out for the spring work season.
    I have not been able to find any literature on this specific truck.I have been looking for over a year now. I did find the manual for the m37 based contact truck and from what I understand these contact trucks basically have the same tools onbard all the way to the cucv series.
    there is a good article about contact trucks in military vehicle mag. I have the back issue and I will dig it out for the issue number.
    Does your truck have the list of tools pasted on the compartment doors? If not I got photos of all of them. Its nice to have other people as interested as I am about these trucks. regards scott

Default kaizenator :

Post by kaizenator on Nov 13, 2006, 7:26pm

You are right about feeling good knowing there are other people interested in these trucks also.

Please send pictures to me. I'll PM you my email address. Several of my lists have been SBAR-ed by pack rats. (thats Scratched beyond all recognition).

My 8 pin 24v KRP11DN Potter & Brumfield "icecube" relay is burned up. I have a new one on the way. Is this the same relay that is under your generator lid?

Do you know what these generators wattage rating is? I read earlier in this thread that the welder is 440amp and the generator is 500amp.

Default kwai :

Post by kwai on Nov 13, 2006, 8:02pm

Quote:
    Do you know what these generators wattage rating is? I read earlier in this thread that the welder is 440amp and the generator is 500amp.

Power = Voltage x Amps

Power = 240 volts x 500 amps = 120000 watts = 120 kW

or thereabouts.

It's a honkin' big generator.

Default no3shopset :

Post by no3shopset on Nov 13, 2006, 8:45pm

I just checked my tags on my welder. the max selectable amps on the dial is 300 DC.
    The only reference to KW is 7.5 3 phase.
    the tag on the generator head itself says max 200 amp at 40 volts 7.5 kw 3ph
    Mine being a military conversion maybe my generator head does not match the detached face in the cabinet? I would like to find some literature to confirm the generator ratings.
    I do have the manual for the m37 based contact truck , will have to see what that generator is rated for. scott

Default no3shopset :

Post by no3shopset on Nov 13, 2006, 9:36pm

Hello ,I just checked the manual on the m37 based contact truck(cmu5). the rating is the same as mine. 200 amps@ 40 volts welding power and 7.5 k on the ac output.
    the model is different and has more features like battery charging. Anybody else got any info? thanks scott

Default kwai :

Post by kwai on Nov 13, 2006, 9:55pm

Lower power makes more sense. Don't need that much voltage for welding.

I don't have mine yet. But who makes the generator, Hobart? Have you tried to look it up on their web site?

Default no3shopset :

Post by no3shopset on Nov 13, 2006, 10:13pm

Yes it is a hobart.Mine is model WP207.I tried a random search but found nothing.I will check their website. When do you get to pet yours?
    I would like some detail pics of all parts of the truck if you are willing and have the time. Mine is missing the air compressor and the oxygen bottle rack.Would love to find original items, but unlikely on my budget.
    I have a good start on alot of the original tools carried onboard. If I can help in any way let me know. Looking forward to seeing yours. regards scott

Default rumplecat :

Post by rumplecat on Nov 13, 2006, 11:35pm

I am interested in any tool info any of you may have on the 6217, mine is bone stock and I hope to keep it that way. My welder is rated at 300 amps with a 7.5kw generator. Mine also came with the gound rods as well as the welding cables and ground rod cable but not much else. I bought a Pioneer Tool with a 3kw genset from the DRMO last year the trailer and truck really look good together.
    James G.