Thread: antenna parts question

Default antenna parts question

I was thinking of gathering up parts to put the big antenna on my m715. Can anyone help with what parts are needed, like part numbers? Thanks.

did u look at the manuals section there is a heading listed "radio installation" it has some info and parts lists for radio and antennas. just as a not their are two basic ant mounts the modern 'sugar scoop' shaped one an the older 'a' frame design the sugar scoop i believe came much later than when the 715 was in service but alot of people still use them anyway.

The sugar scoop was in use when the M715 was in service and it is concivable to have both monts on the vehicle. The large base antena and I'm sorry I forget the number used the sugar scoop and the AB-15 antenna used the A frame design. You would have both if you had a transciever and an auxillary receiver in your vehicle. i.e you were an infantry unit but needed to monitor armor frequencies.
    Zone holster maker

Thanks for the input. I do have the sugar scoop type base. My other question is the radio installation section list three part numbers for the mast section. Are two of the numbers for the large mast and the other for the stubby or am I missunderstanding? Oh great pictures, with a great deal of attention to detail. It does help out alot. One more question I've seen them on both sides of the truck does it really make a difference other than the fact the hole in the front of the bed is on the drivers side? Thanks again.