Thread: Camshaft help

Default Camshaft help

Ok I've searched previous posts but most are perhaps out of date so...
    I have round spots on my cam where there should be lobes...
    Is it even possible to find a replacement (and rocker arms) or do I get it rebuilt (and where) or am I looking for a chevy or cummins????

According to their website, surplus Jeep has cams for $495.
    I'm sure I've seen rockers on eBay.
    Not that I have a lot of experience with these engines, but I would check the oil tube in back of the engine for blockage, too.
    Good luck!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    1968 M-715 w/1100R16s on Stockton wheels, H3 headlights, 2bbl upgrade...

thanks, I will keep trying them.(no answer earlier)

Kanter Automotive Products https://www.kanter.com/index.aspx was able to find me one about five years ago.

They HAD to have my old cam in return before they would send one, so I figured that I was going to get an old cam that had been reground.

But then this one showed up at the door. Couldn't be more pleased.

Rocker Arms should still be plentiful as they were a common site for the longest time on ebay.
    ABLinn must have had a "crapton" of them.
    There is a listing for rocker arms on ebay right now for $20 a piece, but should be able to find them cheaper.

Willys America in California has been my "go to guy" to source the hardest to find parts that I needed for the Tornado. He came through with American made NOS main bearings that I couldn't find anywhere.
    A little pricey though.
    Last edited by jeepdan; April 3rd, 2019 at 08:42 AM.