Thread: Newbe trying pictures :0)

Default Newbe trying pictures :0)

Lets see if this works / glove box and m715 plate off my 67

Last edited by Binford; April 28th, 2011 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Fixed pic link

TKS

Default It works :0)

I'M happy to say that I think I got the pictures up for everyone
    As you can see I have a long way to go
    I got this 1967 m715 from the county of san diego, ca. and I had to drag it all the way back to TEXAS to work on it. my new home :0)
    the county placed the battery under the hood , took out the heater, and changed it over to a 12 v. system. the truck runs great but YELLOW is NOT my color as you can see I have taken a lot of the yellow off and have found a few # on the truck "tp-45" above the rear wheel on the right side and the # on the glove box.
    right now I'M having to wait for a dup title as the county of san diego lost the title they had.
    anyway the engine runs GREAT and the county went through last year and put all new hose and everything on the truck ( I worked for the county back then )
    as you can see I have a few things that I need (some place for my money to go I guess) I hope to get it painted in about 4 months .
    any way take a look at her and let me know what you all think
    thank-you

http://img713.imageshack.us/i/kaiser3222011011.jpg/

TKS

The "TP-45" stands for "Tire Pressure 45 psi" for the rear tire. Over the front fender you will likely find "TP-25."

Not sure what the glovebox number is. Duplicate of the hood number perhaps? Usually they just put the front and rear tire pressures on the glovebox.

Take a look at the pic-posting help in the Open forum. We're looking forward to seeing some exterior overall views of your rig! (The second post just had a duplicate of the same pic I fixed the link for in the previous post.)

Congrats! Welcome to the madness!
    -- Tim Taylor

The lettering on the glove box door is the registration number for the truck. Besides the standard places of the hood and tailgate, they were often placed on inner door panels or glove boxes as a place of quick referance for maintenance as the log would require you to enter the reg. # of the vehicle. 3F 4457 indicates that your truck is a 67' and that it was issued to the Army. If you restoring your truck back to Army marking, then these would be the numbers to use on the hood and tailgate.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Wow! Nice progress on removing that awful yellow! Looks like a tedious job.

Also, here's that post on the markings, maybe you can find more of the external numbers: Hood numbers, paint, markings, etc.

That's a very solid truck!