Thread: Happy Easter

Default Happy Easter

We're all forgiven!

Happy Easter my friends

We did a non traditional dinner today. Deep fried turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, peas and biscuits.

Hope everyone has enough to eat and has a blessed day.

We are forgiven indeed.

John 3:16-17

We had a nice Easter by my son and daughters in-laws. Good food and drink and hospitality. My son Brian and my daughter Diana married Bob and Renee's daughter and son Michelle and Mike. At the end of dinner, my mom got up from the table and either got dizzy or lost her balance and fell backwards. She hit her head on the wall and knocked herself out cold. My daughters husband Mike, and his father Bob are both Fireman/Paramedics. Thay sprung into action and stabilized my mom and then called 911. She's now in the hospital with a broken wrist, and a concussion. I worry because she's 87 years old. She's tuff, but any prayers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

87 and broken bones are not a good thing.
    On the up side;
    Can work out very well if someone who knew her routine might be able to ensure she maintains her routine activity level while mending.
    I am believing/praying she will be well, and in good hands.

Hope everyone had a great Easter.
    Chris

Happy Easter to you all as well...since we are still within the Octave of Easter!

I always in awe of God's Mercy...Jesus has all his friends abandon him...except the traitor who turns him over...then Christ is denied by Peter...ten He goes and dies the horrible death.

Then He rises and goes to Hid friends and loves them and helps them and more...

Not one word to say: Hey I just died for you guys after all I did for you, you ran off on me...never one word in the negative...instead He made sure they knew He rose and was God...no blame, all Love and Mercy.

If only we could all be more like Him!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

He is Risen!

Hope your mom's doing okay, potts.

Brute: That's always my rock-solid assurance that the Gospel is Truth. The disciples were basically in hiding, fearing for their lives. Then something happened. Then they spent the rest of their lives spreading the Gospel, most dying absolutely horrible deaths. For what? A lie? They sure didn't get rich! Quite the opposite. The only logical explanation is that they KNEW, from first-hand witness, that what the Bible teaches is true. Humbling, to be sure....
    Last edited by Binford; April 26th, 2011 at 08:47 PM.
    -- Tim Taylor

Very true Binford...I reflect on that often...and that Jesus didnt promise us happiness and joy here...He took on great suffering and to those who faithfully followed Him then, the same...His best friends met with suffering.

I remember St. Therese of Avila once said to God...after a long day of traveling, sick and in foul weather, after the buggy she was riding in turned over and threw her in cold muddy water...
    “God, if this is the way you treat your friends, it’s no wonder you have so few!”

Dont forget, He was treated this way too.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!