Thread: PCV Valve w/Civvy Intake Manifold

Default PCV Valve w/Civvy Intake Manifold

Those of you with a civilian intake manifold and two barrel carb, where do you put the PCV valve? Mine is just hanging there with no where to go!

Civvy one screws in as shown here:

The right angle fitting coming out of the carb base, above the coolant galvanized T, has a hex screwed into it with a hose clamp and hose running up and to the left...that is the civvy pcv valve.

Default Different Conection

Mine is a bit different. There is a 1/8" connection there piped to the distributor vacuum advance. The picture shows this. The brass pipe was added by me because the hose from the distributer interfered with the throttle linkage, so I piped it out of the way. Same for the temperature sensor loop.

Looks like 3/8 or 1/2" on your carb. Where does your vacuum advance hook up? There is another vacuum port, behind the thermostat, that is closed on my manifold.

I actually got to the truck enough to lift up the hood and look...it appears my memory has failed me...I thought and have been telling people that I have it hooked to a ported vacuum position on the carb...I do NOT.

It is actually hooked to the line from the front of the head that used to be used to vent the military ignitor unit. One side of the ignitor had a metal/rubber line to the air cleaner and the other side had a metal line from the front of the head...I am using the latter.

Sorry for the confusion there...glad you brought it up though as I have been giving erroneous information on that point.

I havent had any problems with it being hooked there, and in fact due to the carb and intake having no other vacuum ports and me using the civvy PCV valve setup "as was" from the civvy setup, the factory must have done pretty much the same thing.

The ort you mentionbehind the thermostat, if it is tapped into the side of the head there, thats the one I am talking about.

Default Is this right?

So, as I understand it Jon, your vacuum advance is connected to the port behind the thermostat that comes off the head? That port is blanked off on mine so I can move the advance there and use the one under the carb for the PCV, after modifications and a new valve.

Does this mean the vent drawings are incorrect?

That is where I am drawing vacuum for the distributor.

Not sure what you mean on the vent diagram...please elaborate.

Why did you go with the long pipe on the coolant port? I'm wondering because with the "T" I have, the water and sensor hook up...didnt even have the lengthen the wire on the sensor. Never had it in the way of anything.

Default The PO had it wrong

For the "sensor loop" there was no temp guage or sender from the previous owner. Just a hose from the manifold to the pump. My sender wire was where you see the sender now and it just made it so I mounted the sender there and used pipe to carry the ground return.