Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Back in the saddle with truck number two

Hahaha, I can hear Disney’s “It’s a small world after all...” playing in the background of this thread.

Welcome back Al- It looks like you found a keeper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha Hi Adam!
    Yes the joys of a new project. Liz and I road tripped yesterday to Omak for a K30 dana 60 and 14 bolt. It was a dually and I don't have any use for the narrow 14 bolt. But 4.56 gears in both and only 44 K miles on the fire truck.
    That means it's probably all wore out like a low mile military truck.
    I kept telling Liz it was such a great find and a sort of fair price. Then realized I need to change bearing hubs and rotors. The seller never showed the outers in the pictures and I was just glad to find the only K30 front end within 800 miles. So it made sense it was a dually front end, but I was blinded by obtaining fun greasy heavy parts.
    Glad to hear from you. I see you are one busy fella....

I have created a build thread for a more appropriate place for this build. Titled
    The longest build thread ever. I anticipate it taking me a while. I am not fast.

welcome back to the fleet! looking forward to watching the progress.

As others have said, "Welcome Home!"

Thank you guys. I have some very good memories from this forum. It feels great to be back. I can't speak highly enough of the guys found around here. A genuinely good bunch.