Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Front Bumper

Jester Guest

Default New Front Bumper

After getting the alignment adjusted on Fisherman's truck today, we started on the new front bumper for my truck. No pics yet - I will try to remember the camera next time to document our progress.

Its going to look basically like a stock bumper but shorter and with tapered ends. Of course it will also be made with beefier channel to withstand my abuse

We also got my 225 off of the pallet and wood blocks and onto a rotating engine stand for cleanup and painting. Cleared room in the back of the shop and put the body for the 6 there. Also brought the frame into the shop to ready for the strip down of all drive train and steering left. I will be boxing the frame and getting ready for the installation of some Holbrook leaf springs. I'm hoping to use Scout dana 44's front and rear. Things are gearing up. Also Saxon stopped by about 45 minutes after Jester left. What a cool day. We accomplished a buch of stuff I had wanted to do and nothing I needed to do. There will be lots of pictures in the coming weeks, bumpers, cj frames and cab painting.

Jester Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
    Also Saxon stopped by about 45 minutes after Jester left.
    Dang - sorry I missed him.

Ya trenton that is a drag I missed you, I would have been there sooner, but I was pulling out the last gremlins of my 73 high-boy/cadillac conversion for the shake down cruise out to Todds. The thing is an animal as expected, problem is, 8.6 MPG ouch! It's just a salt tug for my boat. I don't want to dip my jeep.

So, Dan, you drove the M715 up to Todd's?!
    -- Tim Taylor

Tim a 73 highbory conversion with a cadillace was a Ford pickup highboy repowered. The M truck I guess could be considered a highboy as well. OK Dan now lets get that M truck finished.

Jester Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
    Tim a 73 highbory conversion with a cadillace was a Ford pickup highboy repowered. The M truck I guess could be considered a highboy as well. OK Dan now lets get that M truck finished.
    Yeah Dan, get that M truck finished. We want the NW to be the M Truck capital of the world.

The M-truck is next, I just wanted to make sure I've got a rig substantal enough to pull my boat and the m-truck around when needed to be "moved". I want the boat finished
    for this up coming summer. But I think the local boys are going to intervene, maybe against my will even.

Oh ya, Tim, the High-boy is a factory spring over F-250, now with a cad 425/turbo 400.
    But you're on track, the M-truck has a caddy as well, 500/hy-bred t-18/t-98.

Default My I mean Jesters New Bumper

Just thought I'd show the progress on My, I mean Jesters new bumper. He showed up and we actually completed the welding. The hole drilling for the shackles kinda ended abuptly. Looks like we need the centering bit for the holesaw blade. I burned all mine up. More progress to come, just need more tools Jester.