Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front bumper and tow shackles

I talked with one of the guys at the plant (in northern Indiana) a few minutes ago about the time they made the bumper for my M715. He said if we were to buy a sheet of 10GA steel and pay for some shop time, they might be able to punch out a few more bumpers. I have absolutely no idea what this would cost, but the idea is intriguing.

So I figured I'd post up to see if there might be any interest here in getting replicated stock front bumpers made. If 5 or 6 minimum are interested (one sheet of steel's worth), we might be able to get some made up.

Whatever the costs turn out to be would cover materials and whatever the guys at the plant would need to do this. I would not be trying to make anything on this myself.

Here's a shot of me a few years ago at the plant with the one they made for me out of scrap (we pretty much only deal with galvanized metal, so the free one they made me was out of that):

And I believe they even punched the slots out. Turned out nicely:

After etching and painting it, I now have it on my truck.

If anyone might be interested in having a new bumper made up, post here. No obligation, of course. If there are enough interested, I'll look into what it would cost.
    -- Tim Taylor

Default Not a clevis pin

Quote Originally Posted by Binford View Post
    Got this clevis pin from a mail-order Tractor Supply store.
    Thats not a clevis pin. It's a hitch pin. The 715 used clevis pins if you want to stay stock.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

I am not looking for stock. Just want to have a strong pull anchor for when I burry it in the mud. I figure the strongest place would be right through the frame.
    US ARMY