Thread: Had fun at a local car show this weekend

Default Had fun at a local car show this weekend

I took my M715 and M725 into the local car show here in town, and my buddy Jim drove brought over his M37 and we had a nice little display of OD green amongst all the chrome and polish. And I even walked away with a couple of trophies for both the trucks. It's always fun to see the look on the stuffy old hot rod guys faces when I let people crawl all over the trucks. It was beautiful weather and a fairly decent sized crowd. And I even managed to make a connection with a guy who said he had a bunch of parts in his garage from a M715 they did a motor swap in years ago.

Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Very nice Dave

I love the faces on children at shows, when they see "army trucks with guns"

Congrats and way to go! Looks like fun! You do make an awesome display!
    Tell Jim I said hi.
    Thanks for all the help!

Quote Originally Posted by kyken View Post
    Congrats and way to go! Looks like fun! You do make an awesome display!
    Tell Jim I said hi.
    Thanks Ken. I finally got around to mounting the tail light wire covers that you sent me after the show. Thanks again for sending those to me. And since I had to remove the exhaust bracket, I went ahead and replaced the tailpipe with the original stock one that I had picked up from Ron this spring.

Dave

Nice! Glad they fit! lol
    Thanks for all the help!

Trucks look great, gives me motivation to increase efforts on my restoration.

Perfection!!! Man those are so sweet like that!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Looks good Dave. If my memory serves me right the M715 display is recreating an active duty picture that I've seen in the past. Would I be correct on this? You need a couple of medics for the M725.
    Zone holster maker

Quote Originally Posted by k8icu View Post
    Looks good Dave. If my memory serves me right the M715 display is recreating an active duty picture that I've seen in the past. Would I be correct on this? You need a couple of medics for the M725.
    Yes, it's a combo of several different pics I have seen that show the M715 in country with a weapons mount in the bed and being used as perimeter security. Plus a little creative licensing to add a bunch of military gear that I have acquired over the years.
    Dave