Thread: 350 guahed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 350 guahed

We are installing a sbc 350 in place of 230. We hope to keep 24v for truck service and tap 12v from batter c/ w balancer for starter, distributor etc. Question is can I use my stock 24v guages. Can I replace stock350 sending units with 230 sending units. Any comments would be helpful. Thanks Vern

If you keep 24 volts, anything 24 volt will work...of course.
    The sending units would have to fit in the new motor where its sensors mount...having the right size openings with the right thread in the right places between different motors and manufacturers is probably not gonna happen...
    MAYBE you can open up or adapt to fit the sending units from the 230 into the 350...dont know...
    If you can get the sending units to work, then the gauges will...

Dont remember anyone trying it...good luck...let us know if you do this and find a way.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I have Chevy 350 currently in my truck with 12v. Appears to be the stock gauges. If I can get any info just let me know. Not sure what you need but I think the gauges all worked before I started my current body/frame swap.

Gonna try adapting sensors to fit sbc. Should be interesting. Will keep posted. Regards vern