Thread: Stock plug wires

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm missing a spark plug cable. I'd like to keep things stock but am having trouble finding Spark plug wires. I really only need one but would get a set if it is affordable (I am on a budget) Will the wire sets from other MV's work? M37 perhaps?

Or Does anyone here have any they would part with?

Does this look like it would work? I haven't pulled one of mine to compair yet.

Does the length of the wire matter?

that site is:

http://www.clatskanie.com/bat/parts.htm

Any help will be appreciated.

M37 wires are not straight ends like the M715s are...VPW had a few wires last I knew...could check them....I have my original wires somewhere...would be used....
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Brute: What would you want for them?

and I stumbled across this place, I guess they can make them?

http://www.milspecwire.com/

If you decide you want them, let me know at brute4c@yahoo.com and we will work something out...I see you have a homemade civvy wire setup....so I guess you need to decide which way to go...I do know that 1 of my original wires has the end hex for the plug pulled off the braided part and doesnt want to go back together...other than that, they are in decent shape. The one could be repaired, I just never played with it too much as I found a civvy distributor, rare part, and didnt need them.
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Knave-
    Be aware that if you swap out the wires from what you have to a military set then you have to get military plugs too.
    Last time I checked (which was 2000), Memphis Equipment had NOS wires, but they were like $70 a set or so. Plugs are high dollar too if memory serves.

You're looking at about $150 in a set of wires and plugs.

Krob725 has a method for adapting civvy wires to the stock distributor that looked pretty sound. You may want to contact him to see if that route would be easier. Not trying to knock out Brute's deal, but if tradition holds true that hippy was gonna practically give it to you and I hate to see him pay to ship you something that might not be right for you.

-B.

Why you wanna call everyone a hippy?

The mil plugs are steep...if your dedicated to stock, there the only way to go. The civilian plug wire onversion page is linked in the online manuals link over on the left, scroll down and you will find it.
    Whatever works best for you....any questions about either, let us know!!
    brute4c