Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Camper Special

Quote Originally Posted by glenn View Post
    When do the fall colors start in New England? Thinking about the first week or so of September.
    The best colors are, in my opinion, early October.

Glad to see this build is still going forward.

Yeah, October.

If you're around, there are some good fairs, like Deerfield or Fryeburg.

Bumping this back up. Leaving March 20 to go get it. Lost my oilfield job the end of August last year and had to go back to work for a living so didn't make it out last fall like planned. My 15 year old daughters spring break is the last week of March so we are taking a 10 day roadtrip to see some sights and get Panthers M725.

Can haul members parts for a small donation if anyone needs something heavy moved from Spokane WA to NH and back. Have empty 8' flatbed and 18' car hauler heading east and will be pretty loaded heading west. Can get something to N CA eventually as I'll be down there end of July to visit family. Won't have time to detour out of the way much. Will be sticking to I90 and other northern roads.

We are going to stop in Washington DC for at least a day as when we were there 3 years ago the Smithsonian fossil hall and Marine Corps Memorial were closed for construction.
    I'll take pictures and post up a trip report here for your viewing pleasure.

Finally going to get this the week of Labor Day. The corona virus put the stop to getting it this last spring. Planning on leaving this coming Friday or Saturday. Will be picking it up Tuesday. Would love to see some fellow zoners and their rigs while I'm there, like a 6x6 M715. Only have a week so no time for sight seeing or trail runs.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn View Post
    Finally going to get this the week of Labor Day. The corona virus put the stop to getting it this last spring. Planning on leaving this coming Friday or Saturday. Will be picking it up Tuesday. Would love to see some fellow zoners and their rigs while I'm there, like a 6x6 M715. Only have a week so no time for sight seeing or trail runs.
    See you soon.

Safe travels! Take pictures...

It's too bad on the timing, I'm literally the next town over from Panther. The irony is that I'm flying to Washington tomorrow morning, go figure. I certainly would've bought you a beer or two or three. Safe travels.

Started getting ready for the trip this evening after work, spent two hours working until it got dark. Swapped a tire on my trailer that had some separation issues. And then checked all my tire pressures, torqued all my lugnuts, and greased my trailer. Pulled 4 drums, some lug nuts and backing plate plugs off a M715 front and rear axle. Then separated a M715 radiator core support from a front clip. Hopefully tomorrow I will get off a little earlier so I can load all the parts I'm taking east. Planning on being in Sarver PA Monday and Salem NH on Tuesday. Probably leave Saturday morning. Hope to see some fellow zoners on the east coast.

If you need anything in the Cheyenne, WY area, hit me up. I'm an hour south. I'll pm you my cell number- gonz
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun