Thread: Window control arm clip

Default If you had the choice... 523 Ford or 502 Chevy?

I know at least one other person has had this problem, and since I found a solution, figured I would post it.
    When you roll the windows up and down, the crank moves a long arm with a pin on the end that goes through a groove in the bottom of the window frame and is held there with a clip...it isnt exactly like any other clip I know of and I havent been able to find one anywhere. For some reason the one in my passenger door is weak and pops off occasionally, letting the window drop to the bottom of its travel very quickly without warning...not good!!
    Well I took the arm off Saturday and took it to NAPA and went through their C Clips until I found a good replacement. This clip fits TIGHT in the groove...hard to impossible to do with your fingers...luckily, if the window is about half up/half down, I was able to get a stubby screwdriver in the door and put it in the groove that the arm slides in as the window goes up and down. By pushing sideways, I seated the clip pretty easily....does take some force and certainly is not coming out without effort!!
    The part number is 1009 at NAPA and cost a whopping $0.49!!
    Hope this helps someone else.
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

thanks, i have an 84 waggoneer that has the same problem. was wondering how to fix it. larry

I had that prollem, too, and came to the same resolution. I may suggest using a flatwasher to make sure the clip isn't twanked-off by catching in the groove. Since it is a tight fit, it can "roll" out of the groove rather than riding in the groove...
    "other peoples junk, is something or other" - Militarypotts 02/07/2011

When I bought my truck, the passanger window was up. The first time I rolled it down, it slammed into the bottom of the door. I took off the door panel and found the clip in the door but it was too bent-up and rusty to stay on. I've been living with it for a while but I think I will replace it now. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks for the info B-! I just used a regular washer and cut it into a c-clip. Working so far, but nice to have the right parts.

Rich
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

I removed the window, rolled the assembly to the top of the door, drilled a small hole where the clip goes, and reassembled it with a washer and a cotter pin. Its been holding for two years.

compexp....b- is short for Brian Sisson...its a kind of slur on him....just so ya know....
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!