Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Style Air Cleaner + Fording Kit?

I got the whole kit from ablinn for $80. It has everything. NIB means new in box, at least to me.

You should have everything that you need with that kit. NIB does mean New In Box. --- B.
    If your not breakin\' something - Your NOT makin\' enough torque !!

Default Forum Titles

The tube Al and myself were talking about is the crankcase vent tube. They are different from the carb mounted air cleaner to the hood mounted air cleaner. If your gonna show the truck you should find the correct one, if you just want function, you could make one fairly simple out of the correct size hose.
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

Yes you are right about the crankcase breather hoses being differant. There should be the correct one in the kit. This brings up another problem.. The hood mounted air cleaner set up was made necessary when they came out with a governor under the carb. The gov. made the carb sit higher and then the air cleaner would hit the hood. Thus they came out with the hood mounted air cleaner. Now that makes some new problems. The correct crankcase breather hose will be too long if you do not have a gov. Now if you are going to show the truck you need to have what is original to your truck. That goes by your trucks serial #. M1028

Man Barry........starting to sound like a broken record.
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

Sorry about the double post. I was having computer problems and somehow I got several double posts when I came back to this site. Moderaters please delete the double posts. Thanks, M1028

Hey, just got back online. I moved and just fired up the confuser. So It sounds like the correct hose is out there for my hood mounted air cleaner. I'd like to find one! Thanks for the info Barry. Either that or I misunderstood and I'm really short a governor. I don't really want to hinder the raging performance of the 230 by putting a governor on it. Do I need the correct hose (does it exist?) or do I need a governor to make my existing hose work. Forgive me, I just woke up from a nap and I'm pretty groggy...A.T.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Al,

I think you need the governor to make the length of the ? hose (that is what we're talking about right?) match up with the fittings. The easiest way to disable the governor while leaving everything in place is to simply remove the butterfly plate.

Chris

Default Hey Al T.

Chris has a good idea. The correct hose is a rather unique item. You could "make " something work, but I know you want it to look right. Do like Chris said, Take the guts out of a governor and put all the " right " parts on. Nobody will know the differance. M1028

Default Yo 1028...efi Question

Good idea Chris. I'll try to find the hose, but I would like it to be mostly correct if not totally. I guess I am now looking for a govenor to gut. Anybody got one?
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21