Thread: I forgot how mine went together... :(

Default I forgot how mine went together... :(

HALP!

After only 10 years, I am finally ready to bolt the bed back on. I have the following parts: A frame, a bed, and a box of bolts, washers, and rubber body mounts (big and not-so-big). I have just forgotten how they were put together, and just where the frame and body mounts are in the "sandwich".

Anybody got pics, drawing, or can give a play-by-play?

The only other truck in town....his is apart, too, so no tips there.
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

I used the drawings from the manual. It shows the correct order. The two in the very back are the only two that are different if I can remember correctly. It has been almost three years since I put mine on. Here is the manual page with the correct locations:

http://www.m715zone.com/vb/tp.gif

Well for some reason I can't link to it. Just look under the body section and the picture with the frame shows the way the body mounts go on.

Last edited by porkchop; September 14th, 2008 at 06:36 PM.

Thanks, PC.

I checked my -20, -34, and -34P...didn't bother to check the manuals online. :P
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

No problem, I guess it was the front two that are different.

If you end up short a bolt, washer, or whatnot, DP, let me know. I saved all the salvageable bed-mounting parts I could off the scrap truck 503m715 has here.
    -- Tim Taylor

Thanks, Tim

They should all be there....might have been in pieces for ten years....but it is/was an organized pile of pieces. I cleaned them up yesterday, painted with POR15, and cleaned the threads on the bolts and nuts.

Plans are to have the 715 assembled and running at the NC FE on October 10th. I've got at least 80 hours work estimated to get there, though.
    DP

I've got mine temped on - I bought all new grade-8 bolts - need to get some stainless washers - I really hate rust!
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715