Thread: Flipped 208 transfer case

Default Flipped 208 transfer case

Is it feasable to rotate a NP208 transfer case 180 to put the front output on the passinger side? I pulled a 360 with a T18 and 208 transfer case out of a 1980 3/4 ton jeep. I plan on putting this package into my 68 M715. I can redrill the 6 holes that are in the transfer case to match the tranny. If this dosent work I have a T18 with a 20 transfer case I can use. Thanks for your input. Tonka7

GM used 208 t-case too....early to mid 80s..right hand drop style..
    maybe you could just swap input shafts and go...
    I am not sure if the 208 will oil properly if flipped, its not like a D300....
    '67 M715 '42 GPW '45 MB

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

208's have an oil pump in them and they will not work if flipped over because the pickup is then on top.

Just go the route of the GM one as mentioned above........
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Personally I would go with the 20 transfer case if it is good shape, ..you can even twin-stick it. They are stout and simple to work on

I will try the GM transfer case and hope the 32 spline input fits it ok. The only draw back would be going to a slip yoke output but I can put up with that. If all else fails I still have the 20 transfer case. One other thing I saw some pictures from Doug titled classic sports car pose and would like to know what tire and rim size he is running on his 715. Thanks for the feed back.

I will try the GM transfer case and hope the 32 spline input fits it ok. The only draw back would be going to a slip yoke output but I can put up with that. If all else fails I still have the 20 transfer case. One other thing I saw some pictures from Doug titled classic sports car pose and would like to know what tire and rim size he is running on his 715. Thanks for the feed back.