Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paint colors

You are right. There was an M-715 which belonged to 2/44 out of Ft. Sill, OK, a Pershing unit. We were en route from Lawton, OK to Blanding, UT. It was snowing and I have a few pictures. In one of them, you can see the white M-715 which was a support vehicle for the launch site in Blanding.

You can see it in the first picture and in the background of the second picture. These pictures would be from very early spring, late winter, 1969, taken in Clovis, NM during an evening stopover.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by k8icu View Post
    Sam Wiener motors use to have a bunch of M715s that were painted in the third one down on the right color combo. I always wondered where those truck came from. Of course that was 35 years ago and they have long since rotted into the grown or been scrapped. sigh. The most common of course was the winter woodland which is the top right one and second was summer woodland which is top left.
    When I was there in 2004 this is what was left of the piles of M715's they had. You can see a few with the "red desert" MERDC color.

With how much tailgates are going for now days, I should have cleaned them out of them back then. I'm sure those probably ended up scrapped. I could have retired off that income!!!
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

The shameful part is I remember when those trucks were there in the 80's and were fairly complete and could be made running with not a lot of work. They just wanted and arm and a leg and your first born for them even back then. Then when they were like what you posted they still wanted the same price for them in the early 2k's that they wanted for them in the 80s. Their business model was sell it at price X (which was they thought everything was made of gold) or let it rot into the ground. Mostly why I stopped doing business with them 30 years ago.
    Zone holster maker

Quote Originally Posted by k8icu View Post
    The shameful part is I remember when those trucks were there in the 80's and were fairly complete and could be made running with not a lot of work. They just wanted and arm and a leg and your first born for them even back then. Then when they were like what you posted they still wanted the same price for them in the early 2k's that they wanted for them in the 80s. Their business model was sell it at price X (which was they thought everything was made of gold) or let it rot into the ground. Mostly why I stopped doing business with them 30 years ago.
    Luckily when I was there I was able to piece together enough parts to make all the uprights for my troop seats.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

USMC Forest Green #24052

67' M715/5.9 Cummins/ZF5/NP205