Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: porkchop : 292 engine install progress report

Default porkchop : 292 engine install progress report

292 engine install progress report
    Post by porkchop on Apr 9, 2006, 4:26pm

Well I finally have the engine mounts complete and the engine and tranny are mounted. Took me longer than I wanted but that's always the case.

I started the work on the clutch and I hope that goes smoother. That will be the last major mod.

I am going to take a week off from work soon. That is when I will try to get most of it done, but my wife will be out of town so I will have to play Mr. Mom at the same time. With a little luck I will hit starters at the end of this month.

Default binfordm715 :

Re: 292 engine install progress report
    Post by binfordm715 on Apr 9, 2006, 5:50pm

Quote:
    ...but my wife will be out of town so I will have to play Mr. Mom at the same time.

Wouldn't that be Sgt. Mom? I'm just saying.....

Default bbm715 :

Post by bbm715 on Apr 9, 2006, 10:26pm

What else do you have to do PC?
    Every time I check something off my list I look around and have to write down 5 more.
    I'll have to borrow a digital camera though, I finally got my 460/C6 in and should be burning in the 205 mounts some time this week. Who knows, I may even get the front axle back on before too long! (OK, no bets on that one)

Default porkchop :

Post by porkchop on Apr 10, 2006, 8:33am

I have more than I want. I am still waiting for a few parts to show up and there are a couple parts that I am having trouble finding. One of them is the clamps that hold the exhaust/intake onto the head. Once I get everything it will just be a matter of, bend this tweak that, rewire this. Like I said I am hoping to hit the starters by the end of this month. I have decided not to mess with the axles until latter, because of the time restraint.

Tim, it would be Gunny Mom.

Default warwick :

Post by warwick on Apr 15, 2006, 5:54am

d**n, i was looking forward to a stock restored USMC 715. been watching your build from the begining. well 230 or not its still a darn purdy 715

Default porkchop :

Post by porkchop on Apr 15, 2006, 8:44am

It was stock up until I had some engine problems. I enjoyed driving it so much that I figured I might as well upgrade it a little to enjoy it even more. It will still look stock on the outside.

Default k8icu :

Post by k8icu on Apr 15, 2006, 10:36pm

And to the untrained eye it might even look stock on the inside...

Default amphi :

Post by amphi on Apr 15, 2006, 11:55pm

Since this is such an interesting thread and I happen to have it --- thought you might like to see the original thread content from the real zone.

Page # 1
    http://landru.myhome.net/sivart/292install1.htm

Page # 2
    http://landru.myhome.net/sivart/292install2.htm

Page # 3
    http://landru.myhome.net/sivart/292install3.htm

Enjoy
    Gary

Default oilcan :

Post by oilcan on Apr 16, 2006, 12:13am

I fired my new 6.2 today! But i'm not a whole lot further than you, porky. I just cobbed all the stuff on the front of the truck that would keep it alive while it ran for a minuite or two. The good news is, the only thing left to do mechanically is the clutch linkage. I'll probably snake out some basic wiring tomorrow, then try to find an oil cooler that fits.

Default porkchop :

Post by porkchop on Apr 16, 2006, 9:07am

Cool! You are further along than me. Being out in cali set me back a little. I also took the boat out of storage and started cleaning that up for this summer. But I am I still on track to try and start it in the next couple of weeks.