Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: binfordm715 : Bridge plate tech

Default binfordm715 : Bridge plate tech

Bridge plate tech
    Post by binfordm715 on Jul 12, 2006, 2:01pm

Installed my bridge plate to the brush guard today. What a difference in looks such a little thing like that makes!

The 0 and 4 plates are held in at the top by the bottom edge of the heavier C plate, but what keeps the C plate from coming off? Just the fact that it's partially closed off where it fits around the studs?

There was a hole on the base plate at the top behind the C plate, so I just put a bolt in from behind with a nut behind the C plate and snugged the bolt up so the bottom of the bolt pushes forward/outward on the C plate so it can't go anywhere. Think that's even necessary?

Default brute4c :

Re: Bridge plate tech
    Post by brute4c on Jul 12, 2006, 2:33pm

I have always thought it possible that the top plate would work itself loose and drop the plates all over somewhere...I tend to walk by and push down on that plate every so often....

I have never seen mine move though...it just sits there...never seen another do it either...

Default binfordm715 :

Post by binfordm715 on Jul 12, 2006, 3:03pm

Well, the jam-bolt is doing the trick nicely. I'll probably have to pull it out and put some loc-tite on it to make sure it doesn't vibrate out though. It keeps tension on the top "C" plate so it can't vibrate out.

Here you can sort of make out where the nut is.

Default tacomainoh :

Post by tacomainoh on Jul 12, 2006, 6:28pm

I have one on the Blazer's CUCV bumper, and the tension of all the numbers wedged in there keeps PLENTY of tension on there. Are you missing any?

Blog Entries

Default teking :

Post by teking on Jul 12, 2006, 7:51pm

Well since we are on the topic .... what is the correct color of the BP for the M715 ..... the OD or the yellow I see from time to time? And if yellow is correct where do I get one?

Default k8icu :

Post by k8icu on Jul 12, 2006, 10:08pm

The color depends on the paint scheme you go with. If you are doing your truck late 1960's 24087 US Army OD then the bridge plate would be yellow. If you are cammoflaging the truck either flat 34079 forest green, 4 color cammo, or 3 color nato camo then the bridge plate is painted like Timmahs shown above. Bridge plates were school bus yellow from WWII till the 70's when camo or flat became the standard then they went to flat.

You can look around at vendors to see if you can find a yellow or you can take a flat od one and repaint it yellow. I've even seen flat OD onese that are flaking off and show the yellow underneath.

Default fisherman :

Post by fisherman on Jul 12, 2006, 11:40pm

Where can I find one of those?

Default binfordm715 :

Post by binfordm715 on Jul 12, 2006, 11:57pm

They pop up on eBay fairly regularly. That's where I got mine.

The yellow is supposed to be real close to CAT yellow, isn't it?

And Joe, what color should the BP be if the truck is late-60s 24052 USMC green?

Default binfordm715 :

Post by binfordm715 on Jul 12, 2006, 11:59pm

Quote:
    I have one on the Blazer's CUCV bumper, and the tension of all the numbers wedged in there keeps PLENTY of tension on there. Are you missing any?

Oh! I'm supposed to jam all the unused numbers behind it? Didn't know that. I've got them all. Just left them in the bag they came in and used only the ones I needed.

Default tacomainoh :

Post by tacomainoh on Jul 13, 2006, 1:39am

heheh

Uh, yeah, I think so. Worked here, anyway. Nice and tight, and I can change them around.