Thread: barrman : BO Light Tech

Default barrman : BO Light Tech

BO Light Tech
    Post by barrman on Jul 5, 2006, 1:45pm

Who did the great writeup about putting a 12V tractor light in a BO light housing a year or so ago? I think it was Lanty, but can't remember for sure.

I talked my NAPA store into selling me 4-1/2" tractor lights without the black rubber housing for $4.00 each. I know I can make them work. I just wanted to look at someone elses work to see if I am leaving out the obvious.

Thanks.

Default elwenil :

Re: BO Light Tech
    Post by elwenil on Jul 5, 2006, 1:57pm

Yeah the PAR-36 bulb deal was mine and they are available without the housing also. I thought they were something like 3" or 3.5"? I might be mistaken since that deal has been put away in the "finishing parts" box for after reassembly. I haven't actually used mine mounted but I did let it burn on a 12V converter for about 6 hours one day to make sure there wouldn't be any overheating issues. Not that I really think anyone will really use one for anything more than a conversation piece for a few minutes anyway, but you never know, lol. It's a pretty straight forward swap as long as you have the old style metal housing. I have no experience with the newer plastic housings. Let me know if you need any clarification in my little tutorial and I'll get you taken care of and me and Jon can get together and fix the page with whatever I missed. We sort of had to do some of it by memory to get the right pics up on the page after the crash.

Default brute4c :

Post by brute4c on Jul 5, 2006, 2:06pm

Heres the tech page on it Tim:

http://www.m715zone.com/manuals/techpgs/boheadlight/

Default brute4c :

Post by brute4c on Jul 5, 2006, 2:07pm

Oh....there are 2 methods on that page....67Beasts and Elwenils..El's is the one I think you want and is the 2nd one on there...

Default barrman :

Post by barrman on Jul 5, 2006, 2:51pm

I was just going to use a complete tractor sealed beam light and make it fit the housing. I didn't even think about swapping out the lens as well. Thanks for the link.

Default brute4c :

Post by brute4c on Jul 5, 2006, 4:54pm

No sweat....thanks to 67Beast and Elwenil for sending in everything to make the pages!!

Default barrman :

Post by barrman on Jul 14, 2006, 3:39pm

I did what Lanty described in about 10 minutes yesterday to one of my housings. I left out the spring clips though since they are at home and the lights are at work. I am going to do the other light in a few minutes here. Thanks again for posting this information guys.

Default bmac6026 :

Post by bmac6026 on Jul 14, 2006, 6:27pm

bulb number is 4411

Default barrman :

Post by barrman on Jul 16, 2006, 9:07pm

Yes, 4411. I ended up paying $16.45 with tax for two of them. The idiot son told me the price, ordered them and then the dad charged me the price. I don't know what number the son looked up, but it wasn't these. Anyway, they basically fit right in.