Thread: maccj715 : engine options

Default maccj715 : engine options

engine options
    Post by maccj715 on Jul 31, 2006, 11:38pm

just a thought does anyone out there know if there are any drop in engine options to replace the 230? i am only talking about a direct bolt up to the bellhousing not all the other stuff i aready know will be different my 230 nruns great but when it goes id like to plan my options since the 230 would cost a left lower body part to rebuild/get parts for i know a chevy will adapt easy and thats another option but just curios if theres a direct bolt up ------ amc????????????

Default fisherman :

Re: engine options
    Post by fisherman on Jul 31, 2006, 11:46pm

I don't think so. Nothing that I'm aware of. I believe the civilian 230 even mounts in there a little different, I think the civilian 230 had a front mount if I recall, its been awhile since I saw one. FSJ buick 350 I know bolts in with pretty much bolt in motor mounts off civilian truck. You will however need the trans that goes with it or a longer input shaft for your t-98, and good luck finding one of those. I would do a civilian FSJ drivetrain front to back. Maybe not the axles if I could afford something a little heavier duty. I'm sure they are as strong as the M-715 axles, so you wouldn't be gaining much except possibly better gearing for highway driving. Fisherman

Default brute4c :

Re: engine options
    Post by brute4c on Aug 1, 2006, 8:54am

FYI: The civvy 230 doesnt fit as the mounts are different...no other motor just bolts in.

The only motors that fit the bellhousing pattern are the 230, mil or civvy, and the older, flathead, 226.