Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fastfrankie : Gas Filler Question

Default jfnemt1ff1 :

Re: Gas Filler Question
    Post by jfnemt1ff1 on Oct 28, 2006, 3:47pm

Dito both of my 725 have the same white stuff no problems yet.

Default bmac6026 :

Post by bmac6026 on Oct 28, 2006, 4:06pm

what about replacing the cap seal ? if no vent problems through the filler neck then the chalk possibly would build up and pass thru the vent tube? Just a thought ?

Default oilcan :

Post by oilcan on Oct 30, 2006, 12:10am

Here's a thought. How about taking it to the local machine shop and getting it hot tanked? Repaint the outside of it, and you won't have to worry about getting everything inside coated with whatever you were planning to use. I know there's a baffle in there that might be a pain.

Default barrman :

Post by barrman on Oct 30, 2006, 10:05am

I get the white chalk stuff too. But, the filter screen in the bottom of the filler neck catches them. I just dump it out before I fill up. Do you guys have the screen in your filler neck?

I got my tank "hot tanked" almost 3 years ago now. I just had to change my first fuel filter since then last week. I was averaging 1-2 filters a month getting so clogged up the truck would stop.

Default brute4c :

Post by brute4c on Oct 30, 2006, 10:33am

I see the white stuff in a couple filler necks I have purchased for others but not really in mine...might be that funny gas blend we use up here....anyway...I have the screen and so far, in 15000 miles, I have yet to see anything in it...thank goodness!!

Default kwai :

Post by kwai on Oct 30, 2006, 10:53am

I get the "white chalk" as well. Don't know if its from the gas, oxidation of the metal or the rubber filler neck.

Default shepsjeep :

Post by shepsjeep on Nov 10, 2006, 12:21am

Would any of you know where I could get the screen for my gas filler neck? Mine is missing. Also, I just took my filler neck off and noticed the same chalky material. I sandblasted mine inside and out, painted the inside with black engine paint and recoated the next day. The engine paint is gas and oil resistant and seems to work. I will let you know if the chalk returns.

Default 12998 :

Post by 12998 on Nov 10, 2006, 11:04am

Ok I have the same issue. I was going to get it media blasted and powdercoated. I know that will stand up to petroleum solvents. But I do have another issue. My fuel tank needs to be cleaned out. If I get it hot taknked is there anyway to seal the inside. It looks like it would be difficult if not impossible with the baffle in there.