Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: awest : New Member Seeks Answers

Default gimpyrobb :

Re: New Member Seeks Answers
    Post by gimpyrobb on Aug 10, 2006, 7:31am

Also, When lifting the rear, after you flip the shackle, an other member found (or made) longer shackles. I think that would be the only option other than a block for the rear. There is longer custom springs to be made too, I guess.

Default awest :

Post by awest on Aug 10, 2006, 11:09am

Hey guys thanks for all of the great info that you have provided. The only other thing that i have to do is convert it over to 12V and get my Axles back from Currie Enterprises. This will be my second FSJ to do. Also I will have several parts from this to get rid of, and many parts from a 78 CJ7 That i will be parting out with soon. Looking forward to getting running soon and getting covered in mudd. later guys.

Default awest :

Post by awest on Aug 11, 2006, 8:40am

Hey brute4c, I forgot to say thanks for that pic you sent. Helped out alot. Also Where is a good source to go to get everything i need for the Soa conversion.

Default brute4c :

Post by brute4c on Aug 11, 2006, 9:43am

You need longer brake lines...have those made somewhere....
    Spring perches...we have this in the parts file:

I know I've seen the pads in the Speedway catalog, for 3" axle tubes. At Speedway, 12.95 for weld on, 24.95 for clamp on. I wouldn't trust the clamp on ones
    though. Their number is 1-402-323-3200 for orders, part number 545-85090 for the welded ones. Request their catalogs too, tons of stuff but make sure you get
    the racing one and the street rod one.
    from chris 22 Jan 02

The Dana 60 axle tube is the same diameter as the Dana 44 as well. So spring perches will be the same if you get them from a Chevy or Dodge with the Dana 44
    front axle. Well, not the same, but will work just fine.
    from Froadin com #5286 12/7/99

I used Mr. Gasket spring perches. Called "Rear Housing Spring Pads" Part# 6280. This fits all Dana 60 and 12 bolt 3" diameter housings. I just left my old perches
    on. This way it was easier, I didn't have to risk weakening my axle housing from excess heat, and I can revert to the under style if I wanted to (I'm not sure why!)
    Hope you have a pickle fork!!!
    from jeepclown #4052 9/22/99

shocks for a springover....I know there are ranchos that work....someone else should know the number of them...

I think thats about it....

On the rear...when you want to reattach the rear spring mount plate, grade 8 bolts work nice.