Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: battery cable hookup

That sticker is talking about jumping the vehicle....often when they sat around, the batteries were removed....National Guard motorpool Sarge told me this....so jumping was kinda common.
    Also, like Doug said, have seen that solenoid used that way too....dont ask me why it works....I just know it does.
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

i am not understanding what you mean by center tapping the coil side. this sounds like something that could get you out of a jam so i really would like to know what you mean. + goes into solenoid , + goes out to starter. the little bolts in the middle are what you are talking about , right. i know one goes to the coil. both my tractors are set up that way. but i do not know what you mean by center tapping. thanks, larry

i am not understanding what you mean by center tapping the coil side. this sounds like something that could get you out of a jam so i really would like to know what you mean. + goes into solenoid , + goes out to starter. the little bolts in the middle are what you are talking about , right. i know one goes to the coil. both my tractors are set up that way. but i do not know what you mean by center tapping. thanks, larry

A six or twelve or twenty four volt switch will be fine, just find one with the same bolt pattern. If you had all the pieces you could fix it. Normally the rivet that holds the button and contact wears the head off and the contact does it's job, causing the starter to run until the batteries are disconnected. If you have the alternative problem, jno contact, sometimes you can get by with taking the switch apart and turning the contact buttons 180 degrees. I just fixed one on a 27 T Pickup. 77 years of service and the derned thing has to unload while I am driving it!
    Proud owner of two 1968 M0715 trucks....
    Maybe they own me....or soon will!

thanks, i'll give it a try. larry