Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: [ POLL] how much money do you have invested in your 715???

Default [ POLL] how much money do you have invested in your 715???

Just wondering as I added up all of my invoices today for the first time thew total was much more that I had expected ! Have anyone else figured out your totals ? Curtis

well over 10000, less than 20000, excluding my time

Default Continental/Hercules engine for sale cheap!

$6342.00 I just figured all the invoices and i thought it was around 4000
    67 M725, 67 M715, 68 M715

Default wanted m715 parts

Memory brings me pretty close to 7000 without working at it very hard. Tell me again why I thought I had to have one? 2850 on the second one. Tell me again why I had to have two!
    Proud owner of two 1968 M0715 trucks....
    Maybe they own me....or soon will!

Not done yet but it is getting high already.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas715
    Just wondering as I added up all of my invoices today for the first time thew total was much more that I had expected ! Have anyone else figured out your totals ? Curtis
    I put all the reciepts on my CJ5 into an excel spreadsheet and like you I was very surprised at the total! I haven't done that on the M yet (kind of afraid to do it!), but I'd say including purchase price it's gotta be in the $7K to $8K range now. That includes the new set of tires I just got, but not my time.

Stan

My M715 about 8500 with all the fixins.. My CJ I bought 23 years ago. I have well over $90,000 into it. YES 90K! I have the box of receipts to prove it. I could build the same rig for 25 K now. Why would anyone ever do something like that I have no idea. And to think that it is totally obsolete now with all these rock buggies that are out there.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Besides the purchase price of $1000 I have a little over $100 bucks in mine, but then again I haven't done much but tune it up right now. My problem is time, which probably isn't a good excuse, but it's the only one I have.

purchase m725 off ebay - 900
    shipping to omaha - 500

pain the wife is inflicting on me over it - priceless

if you count the junker donor truck (j10) - about $2000 and not running yet.

Rich
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

Is it not amazing the cost of our toys ! dont regret any of the money that ive invested , but that is the key work invested as im sure i will never get a return , but just think about all the looks we get ... PRICELESS!!! C
    \"Faith sees the invisable, believes the incredible and recieves the impossible\" Anonymouse