Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vette Master/Napa Fittings

I'm not finding the receipt I need. I did take these pics. The m/c shows the 7914 sitting on top. You can see the rear port (green line) goes to the block with the switch (fronts) and the front port (silver line) is coupled to the rears.

Rob,
    Your picture is another reason these part numbers can't be the end all, be all. Your '76 Corvette mc is not the same as mine. I have seen at least 4 different versions now of the same part. Different lids, different lid tie down methods, different bodies and different hose fittings. Plus the mc bleeders. They all seem to vary. But, they all seem to have the same insides which is what matters.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

also adding a brake booster makes all the difference in the world too. my 725 actually has serious brakes now.

Default M-C

I only had 1 fitting per line to hook up my m/c. The 'back' firewall port goes to the 'front' brakes, and the 'front' port goes to the 'back'. Used the stock push rod, works fine, but I wish I had put in the booster.

The booster really helps. Dave was having trouble at the 2005 Texas FE with his 725 because of the booster. The OHV park we were at, Gilmer, had lots of steep hills with loose soil. The rest of us were basically standing on our brake pedals while going down the hills and it worked about right. Dave came down the hills either in a skid or free rolling with his passengers either in the windshield or falling backward. It wasn't his driving. He was a tow twitch away from full lock on the brakes while the rest of us were a leg press away. Dave and I both have the Corvette MC too.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

What is the reason for the loops of line going into the master? Are they really necessary? The original lines on an M715 don't have them...but obviously most cars always did have a loop etc.
    Went to Napa and got everything I needed....hopefully within a few days I'll have everything done!

It's to compensate for chassis flex so that the line will flex that coil instead of flexing at the fitting and causing it to fail.

The theory is that any kind of solid line that travels in a straight line for more than a foot will flex and crack. Loops, bends, tie downs are all meant to deal with this.