Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions wanted on NV 3500

The point of the 5600 was to give closer raios or the diesels, less shifting in the hills/mountains, and some added strength/improvements over the 4500
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

and it does NOT require 20 dollar a quart of oil

I thought it was just plain ole synthetic in there... that's even more than Quadratrac stuff! !

Closer ratios for diesels makes sense, what with the narrower rpm band and all. I was really impressed with the Cummins/4500 combo. This new one ought to be more efficient then.
    **I heart Bump_r **

after working in a gm dealership as a technician for many years i would not recomend the nv3500 for anything except very light duty i replaced many of these tranny,s in bone stock 1/2 ton chevy trucks that were driven mostly on the street.....the nv4500 however would be a good trans to consider with smallblock power just keep clean fluid in it and it will hold up well