Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NP200 Conversion Pictures

i was wondering if installing a oil cooler or tranny cooler to the transfer case would decrease the heat ? i think most trucks have them on the tranny and since a transfer case is metal creating friction i wonder if it would work . i think maybe a pressure issue to get a flow rate would have to be resolved . i'm sure we have some people here who will come up with something .

That issue has been discussed and debated for years and many many post.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Quote Originally Posted by dsal45
    i was wondering if installing a oil cooler or tranny cooler to the transfer case would decrease the heat ? i think most trucks have them on the tranny and since a transfer case is metal creating friction i wonder if it would work . i think maybe a pressure issue to get a flow rate would have to be resolved . i'm sure we have some people here who will come up with something .
    it does not have a pump. so you would have to have an external pump capable of pumping 200* 90W oil and a cooler that it would flow through.
    k
    67 M725 84 GW

Default Strenthening the front Dana 60

It might be easier to weld a heat sink to the case and have an electric fan blow through the fins...

Welding to cast iron? Not real easy or cheap. Also, one probably would not want the fins to reduce clearance (by putting on bottom), there's no room on top, so you'd be stuck with no alternative than to use the side(s) - not much real estate for any sizeable fins...
    "other peoples junk, is something or other" - Militarypotts 02/07/2011

Bend some pipe so it goes tightly around the case, away from the exhaust, driveshafts, ebrake, fill and drain holes, speedo cable, crossmembers and mount, then put a big reservoir/cooler setup in the bed and run liquid nitrogen through the heavily insulated pipe...coolest t-case on the planet...also the most expensive and the dorkiest looking....but if it overheats, you will have exceeded the speed of light or some crap like that....
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

7. Default Part numbers for 12v lights/bulbs

I think I am going to take a Grinder and grind down the whole Transfer case so it's Paper thin and then it will disipate heat better!
    1969 M715

Hey theres a good idea....cheaper too!!
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

i cant remember what its called but chevron makes it. it is a synthetic gear oil that many big riggs use in their axles, its red i believe. its a little more pricy. it wont completly fix the heat problem but may offer better protection...
    M715,s..are a mans jeep...

I have been using Eaton synthetic gear oil...they warranty semi axles that use it for 750,000 miles, and it made little to no difference in heat.
    One member has used 140W-250 Red line shockproof and overfilled the case by at least double or more and with a digital gauge was running 300 degrees in there on the highway...
    Is there something better?
    brute4c