Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clutch carnage...how did I do this?? Long!

Bob,
    Do you do math problems when you are bored? That was great.

Something else to add in is the age of the replacement disc. How many clutches for mid '60's J trucks do you think your local NAPA has sold in the last 20 or even 30 years. It could have been sitting on his shelf since he refilled his inventory after selling one in 1969 for all you know. I think Bob's math is the answer though.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Good point Barrman...could play into it certainly...
    So how do I get a new one that is really a new one??
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Default 100 AMP CHARGING SYSTEM

Good post bump !
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

Brute, you might be able to take your old disk to a clutch and brake place and have them put new linings on it. We have a few places here in Portland like Ott's friction supply that will build stock or custom brakes and clutches. I would imagine if you took your pictures in to them and asked their opinion they might have an opinion. Although I think bump is on the money..
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

brute: sounds like somethin in the pressure plate broke (springs) and let the clutch disk start slipping. they are made of asbestes and resins and other things. usually when this happens its because the material heats up and breaks down then dissenegrates. if the springs have broke, you may have a warranty issue to discuss with napa. you can tell by lookin at the p. plate and flywheel that you are easy on it. hope this helps some.
    67 M725, 67 M715, 68 M715

Default Leaf spring bushings

Interesting theory...wil take a look at that...priced a clutch/pressure plate and TO bearing at
    Autozone today...for a 65 230 10 1/2 inch clutch...with the alignment tool, $149.99 and thats with a diaphragm type pressure plate...not the original lever type that I personally prefer...rather save some of that cash, I'll tell ya!!
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!