Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Project Rhino 5/4

Default Project Rhino 5/4

Update on the RV and to avoid the cursing's of the purists on the Zone, the PO had already violated her body and with an engine swap. I am utilizing what was done to the best of my ability and for function as this truck is going to be a camper for me and my grandsons. Installed a 20 gallon fuel tank in place of the factory, added a 30 gallon tank where the spare tire would sit, added an instrument cluster to the driver side for more added gauges, new SW gauges, interior cab lights to cover up hack job holes, new front windshield, dual master cylinder and brake lines and cylinders as needed. seat belts, painless wiring harness, cut in another tool hatch on driver side rear to access under seating storage from outside. inspected and insurance, had an issue with registration that will hopefully be cleared up tomorrow to get tags. Then road test. Tires may be here this week. Plan is to get her functional and usable then start with the outside and work in with straight body parts, paint and accessories.
    As she sits now Chebby 350 with power steering, everything else stock.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Project Rhino 5/4

Default M725 Project Rhino 5/4

So not knowing the history of this truck or when the last time she actually moved under her own power I did a little over 100mi trip today, truck ran well. Case temp never went over 190* 50-55mph with a ir thermometer, ambient temp middle 80s. Super excited about this build.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Project Rhino 5/4

Sounds like you got the plates/tags straightened out. Great news on the T-case, as well!
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Sounds like a really great project. Camping more is in our goals this summer also. I sure wish we could see the pictures. Lots of members post using the same format. I just can't see them. I know that I am not alone. Keep posting up and we will follow along. Sounds like a fun project.

Default Figured out how to post pictures.

Project Rhino 5/4

Default Test fitting a few things while searching for radiator

I think the 2 can rack will fit nicely beside the tire carrier. I had those built for my FJ40 and tubby trailer. Will change the cutout to incorporate the Rhino theme

Project Rhino 5/4

That's a slick 2 can carrier with the license plate light/holder.
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Default can rack.

Thanks. That's the 3 can on the back of my 40.
    Project Rhino 5/4

Default Rhino 5/4 4\21

Tool rack in place and new radiator procured. Hopefully back to operational tonight.

Project Rhino 5/4

Default Rhino 5/4 4/23

Rear fuel tank installed, receiver hitch tacked up and ready to weld, mock up of HMMWV Rhino tire carrier, Rhino knob installed. Looks like door and hinge will both work out. Back to the metal yard for more plate.

Project Rhino 5/4