ForumsBasic TrainingOnline Maintenance ManualsThe M715 Zone Vin RegistryVPW's M715 Parts ListGalleriesLinks

Go Back   M715 Zone > General Tech > Modified Tech > PseudoZone - Mod Tech Archive

Old December 15th, 2009, 05:23 PM

PseudoZone is a Soldier
Default robsgp :

Re: stoopid brake questions
Post by robsgp on Nov 20, 2006, 8:26pm

Quote:
There you go, from the teacher's mouth LOL . Nice post, Tim.

No kidding. That's why I usually print Tim's replies.

I thought maybe sthingy was the proper name for it. Now that you mention it it does look like a narrow s-p-o-o-n.

I put on the new Ford wheel cyliners all around. I haven't put the tires on yet but I did have a leak at the right rear which I think is corrected. I will disconnect one front hose first at the wheel then at the chasis and see what I get. I've seen the nos hoses for about $35 I think. Would braided stainless be better and how do they compare in price?

I never thought of a leak letting air in rather than fluid out.
Private 1st Class

FSJGuy is a Soldier
Default fsjguy :

Post by fsjguy on Nov 20, 2006, 11:22pm

When bleeding brakes, I used the speedbleeders and found that it worked best cracking open one front and one rear AT THE SAME TIME. Otherwise, the pedal wouldn't move much.

PseudoZone is a Soldier
Default robsgp :

Post by robsgp on Nov 26, 2006, 2:40pm

I believe my problem with little fluid to the fronts IS the hoses. Is there modern day equivalent to the old hoses? Advance ordered me in some for a Gladiator which weren't right and NAPA didn't even want to try. Memphis has a set on ebay but gotta assume they're 40 years old too.