Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: My '68 M715 Build Progress Page

Quote Originally Posted by plumas.placer.miner View Post
    Yessir, that's the conclusion I came to. I have 2/3 gallon of paint left over from the first two coats, and I don't have anything else ready to spray 24087. Additionally, the camper is already in the shop and ready to paint.

I am going to shoot the last coat on Friday of this week.
    Don't forget the pix.

Awesome man. Nice work.

That looks really good, PPM!

Watch yourself while driving-- people love to not see OD vehicles.

Looks GI to me. Good Job!
    Zone holster maker

Quote Originally Posted by plumas.placer.miner View Post
    I need to wire an outlet for the camper up to the bed of the truck. I think I'll just put a pigtail end in, up between the cab and the bed. That way my truck will still look mostly stock when the camper isn't on the truck for parades and such.
    There's a four-pin outlet on my Alaskan which might be a good configuration: pos & neg 12V, and running lights. The whole arrangement works pretty well as I remember from my grandfather's Alaskan & '66 Ford Camper Special, and they're obtainable at etrailer.com. I can post a pic this weekend when I go to WY to work on my IH. I gave the pigtail to my buddy who owns the shop there because I'm going to hardwire the camper to the truck & won't need it.

Wow Brian!! That looks great man. Like it was designed to drop right in.

Yeah Jeremy...when I made my initial measurements, and it seemed like the camper would fit really well, I thought "I must be wrong!" So, I measured two more times just to make sure I wasn't having wishful thinking. haha

I am thinking maybe I need to replace the spring packs. Maybe just the rear ones for now. That camper weighs 1100 pounds dry. Even 4 wheeling slowly through big holes and ruts will shift the vehicle's weight from side to side. If I break a rusty rear spring pack 25 miles back into my claims on a single-wide dirt 4x4 road, Ill be in bad shape and so will everyone else trying to get around me. I want to avoid that if possible.

"Michigan Truck Spring" is where I bought the front uBolts. I'll try them for rear springs.
    Last edited by plumas.placer.miner; February 9th, 2020 at 01:27 PM.

Yeah looks like you should have used the same green from the brush guard on the camper. But hey I've seen NOS parts out of the box be a different shade and I've seen my share of Motor Pool vehicles with different shades of green on them. So don't worry about the color just enjoy the ride.
    Zone holster maker

Quote Originally Posted by k8icu View Post
    Yeah looks like you should have used the same green from the brush guard on the camper. But hey I've seen NOS parts out of the box be a different shade and I've seen my share of Motor Pool vehicles with different shades of green on them. So don't worry about the color just enjoy the ride.
    Like shingling a roof: use bundles with the same lot number or deal with a (very slightly) multicolored roof.

Camper on the M715 looks really nice.