Thread: Newbie still trying to figure this site out

Default Newbie still trying to figure this site out

Looking for info on installing a Ford 460 into my 715 but don't know where to go

Quote Originally Posted by tomb View Post
    Or he could install whatever OD 2WD transmission that came with the 460. Those 5.88 gears...

My rig originally had a big block ford, actually a 429, in it when I purchased it.
    It was pretty ghetto but worked ok. They are not torque monsters, much shorter stroke than virtually any comparable engine.

I'd use the ford drivetrain behind it, much easier and cheaper than trying to adapt it.

What are you running for a front axle? This might dictate a lot on your trans and TC choices.
    1967 M715 7.3 diesel 5spd ...

Stock axles front and rear and I realize Chevrolet is easier to adapt and I don't have anything against Chevrolet's I just don't

I was told it's difficult to find a Ford with driver's side PTO

Since I've only had this a few days I still really don't know what all it has I'm still checking. Still haven't figured out how to post photos easily.

Quote Originally Posted by LFINO View Post
    I was told it's difficult to find a Ford with driver's side PTO
    You have a stock winch running off the transmission PTO and want to keep it?

Maybe run the 460 with a T19 2wd 4 speed and put the T98 PTO on the T19? I've read they'll mesh and the T19 has PTO covers on both sides. that's what I read anyway.... I dunno.

You'd still be stuck with the same speed limitations you currently have running the stock NP200 and axles.

Pictures, pictures, pictures! ASAP.

I would love to post pictures as soon as I can figure out how to do it but it seems to be a long long process