Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 1967 Kaiser Jeep M-715 6BT Build

At 2.5" you are .25" longer than mine on both sides so that will push the 12valve up 1/2" or is it 1"? my geometry isn't what it used to be. I'm using oem 12 valve motor mounts so you might have some wiggle room if you are too high and then use something aftermarket. I think either way you are going to be close since you went 2.5"

You will have more pan clearance though

IIt's in... it fits.... BARELY... but to all the nay-sayers that think it can't be done.... without firewall clearance and behind the cowl support/radiator line. (I'll need to use pusher fans tho).

Last edited by venominjected; September 8th, 2018 at 02:15 PM.
    67' M715/5.9 Cummins/ZF5/NP205

Last edited by venominjected; September 8th, 2018 at 02:15 PM.

Looks great. Great motivation for me. I can wait to get moving on mine
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Nice build. What are the plans for the intercooler? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Very nicely done.

looks oem, nice work

Ford ZF5/Married Twin Stick NP205/NP200 E-Brake..... crossmember complete....

Last edited by venominjected; September 8th, 2018 at 02:16 PM.

Nice postings, enjoying the details. Very strange, I also ripped my bicep and am a one armed bandit at the moment as well which is prompting me to peck out these questions. Also waiting to put in the exact same thing 6BT motor. You and a few on board here are intimately familiar. Two questions, my apology if I missed something earlier. Are you planning on some sort of cross member up front under the motor somewhere? I'm tempted to use a stock Gen 1 dodge its nearly made to work with a little shim. If dodge in all of their infinite wisdom decided they needed such a heavy cross member on a frame literally twice as heavy as an M-715…well thats why I am where I am. Apprehensive to do without it. The other question, I am also using rock wells. Even flopped on stock springs they are tall. What would you guys say would be a safe distance between the bottom of the pan and the rock housing. Mine isn't exactly going to be any jumper or articulating monster. A little cross member trimming and a snubber with 3-4"'s? You guys have thought this through already. Your opinions will be better than anyones. Funny you take that motor out of an m715 and it looks like to could put a hot tub in there until you start messing with a diesel. Dang things are deceivingly tall.

Backing plates pulled off the Sterling 10.25.... its nothing exciting... but first time working on it in months... and probably the last until a new shop/house is purchased.... Was EXTREMLY impressed with how the races and bearings looked... when the disc brake conversion goes on... it will get new inner seals and some permatex on the axle side.... and viola... rear axle done.... Sterling 10.25, 4.10 w/ LS

Last edited by venominjected; September 8th, 2018 at 02:16 PM.