Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fishtail's new M-726 thread.

Default Fishtail's new M-726 thread.

So many things going on right now. Finally got some pics loaded to photobucket.

Long story short, I got this truck in Wyoming/Colorado in late May, 2016.

No, I didn't need another truck. This one makes 4. But, I couldn't pass it up as it was all original and rust free. Cheap, too. Just only 1000 miles away from me. And the missus wasn't happy. (I told her after the fact of winning the auction)

Here it is at the auction.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The air tank on the rear was added by the farmer. He used this truck to maintain the irrigation crawlers. It last ran 10 years ago or so.

Came from the Pawnee school district in May, 1991. The title says the factory price was $4145.00 He got it at auction for $201.00 according to a notorized bill of sale with the title.

I proxy bid on it in May of this year and was the winner. The auctioneer moved the truck to his residence and removed the air tank for me. I picked it up the weekend after Memorial day.

A mostly non-eventful recovery except when the truck broke thru the trailer decking.

More pics to follow.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

Thanks Scott, nice...

You're very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by fishtail View Post
    And the missus wasn't happy. (I told her after the fact of winning the auction)
    LOL. When it comes to our trucks, are they ever?
    Last year I was thinking of buying another one from a member here. I made sure my wife saw me looking at HEMMTs on auction sites... just in case I went for it maybe she'd see the upside in me only bringing home another M715.

... I don't think that would have worked. It was fun watching her throw fits over the HEMMT though.

Good deal on the truck!

Nice. Dont see that version very often. Looks good.
    68 M715
    Hey, what's this do?

When we were loading the truck, the right front wheel broke thru the trailer decking. This is after the truck rolled off the trailer after we had it all the way up.

I had a floor jack, so we jacked up the front axle and put a 2x10 under that wheel. (no pic) I got all the way back 900 miles until the wheel broke the 2x10 and dropped back into the floor. I just cinched the chains up again and made it home.

The pics were from when I was taking it off the trailer. It kept breaking more boards as it came off.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Scott

Wow Scott...sorry about the trailer but great buy!!! Congrats on the growing collection!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Some shots of the truck when I got it unloaded and washed up a bit.

The serial number plate. Matches the frame stamp.

[IMG][/IMG]

Inside the cab. Seat covers are gone, as is the cab top.

[IMG][/IMG]

Under the hood. Bonus with heater. The original hood mount air cleaner was replaced with the earlier version.

[IMG][/IMG]

Hood number 03A91569. This truck is consecutively numbered one over the other M726 I have. That one is O3A91469.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Scott

More.

Right side view.

[IMG][/IMG]

Left side view.

[IMG][/IMG]

Front view.

[IMG][/IMG]

Rear views.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Scott

That is a good looking truck tk me that found a great home...based on your other trucks and your meticulousness, it will be another fantastic example of the breed!

Sweet grab man...i wish i was you!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!