Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Radiator

Default PCV revisited

The grille opening on the M715 looks similar to the grille opening on a CJ. If they are close enough you use a CJ grille cover and cover your grille. They make black ones that wouldn't look too out of place.

I was down at the junk yard on friday pulled a steering box and a master cylinder/brake booster out of a Grand Wagoneer with a 360 in it. It seemed like the radiator uses a similar mounting system to the stock M715. Im in the middle of my project and was thinking this might be a great way to cool my chevy 350. Will this swap work?

Default Body Bushings

Not without mods. The GW radiator is too wide. You would have to move the core supports out to fit the wider radiator or swap in the rad support from the GW to fit it. IIRC, aren't the AMC V8 radiator inlet/outlet in the wrong place for the 350?

I would try a CJ radiator set up for converting to the 350. It should be an almost bolt in (drill some new holes in the flanges) and lots of people do 350 swaps in CJs so they should be common.

I am going to use a 4 core CJ V8 radiator for the AMC 360 swap in my 715 (new and local for $210).

Good Luck.

Similar Threads

1. Radiator
    By Mikel in forum Stock Tech
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: October 18th, 2009, 11:23 AM
  2. radiator help!
    By werd in forum Modified Tech
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 24th, 2009, 08:59 PM
  3. Again with the radiator
    By Tomahawk715 in forum Modified Tech