Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frame rail serial number stamping locations

I believe the technical manuals call out the location of the serial number stamps, don't they, brute? You could show the inspector the manual (or this thread, for that matter) for assurance that your number stamp is legit.
    -- Tim Taylor

Here is something interesting.

I can't look at the rear frame rail because a 5th wheel setup is welded to the frame there. (Holes cut in the bed for the mounting) I sanded the front location of the frame and it is totally clean. No numbers or evidence whatsoever of stampings:

The Title lists the number 10467.

The dash has a button for a Mico Type brake hold. There is a solenoid in the rear brake line near the gas tank (which will be removed).

There is a data plate for the "Welder"

There was some kind of mechanical governor (that I removed) that had a speedometer type cable that went to the rear of the vehicle but not connected in the rear. There was a connection from the governor to the carburetor linkage.

There was no data plate on the dash board with the rest of the data plates.

So, what is it, M726 with an M715 bed on it?

Sure does seem to be adding up to that. Better watch the auction in FL so you can get a bed to match your truck.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    Sure does seem to be adding up to that. Better watch the auction in FL so you can get a bed to match your truck.
    That would be nice. But I am not in a position to do that right now. For that matter, where I am moving to will be a neighborhood that does NOT allow any vehicles sitting around. I will be keeping the M715 in the garage because I don't want the canvas to get wet and I am sure some of the neighbors would be "offended". It is a golf course community. No, I don't golf but the house was a steal and I just couldn't resist.

Here are the plates on the dash. Certainly was not originally an M715. And since the title is for 1969, the serial number (10467) doesn't fit in with the M715 series for the year 1969, more like 4/67?

Here is the massive frame attachment for the 5th wheel on the top of the frame:

And an attempt to show you the front frame. What appears to be a number is actually some welding spatter.

Do you for sure have a NP200 tcase or maybe the 205?

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    Do you for sure have a NP200 tcase or maybe the 205?
    Don't know the difference. Is there something that makes it obvious... something that is different? It does have the winch lever in the correct location even though my truck has a duce and half winch

NP205 has a pto port on the drivers side. NP200 has no pto port.

NP205 has the rear drive shaft output in line with the input from the transmission. NP200 has two rear outputs with the drive shaft supposed to be on the passenger side and not on the brake output.

You have a M724. You should also have a slot on the drivers side of the tranny tunnel where the rear axle disconnect for the welder/generator was connected.

Interestingly, your serial number would be the highest registered M724 serial number in the registry.

The M724 had the gas tank in the rear between the frame rails (where the spare goes on the M715). I assume your gas tank was located in the usual M715 location?