Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bluesman2a : Speedo Recommendation.

Default bluesman2a : Speedo Recommendation.

Speedo Recommendation.
    Post by bluesman2a on Sept 15, 2006, 3:11am

I finally got around to calibrating my speedo tonight, and thought I would pass on the experience. Thus far I am extremely pleased with my new guages, but the speedo takes the cake.

In order to calibrate, you only have to drive a pre-measured mile, start the calibration before, and end it after. It will adjust for new gears, different tires and all the other stuff!!! In checking it against the GPS, it's a little off, but you can adjust/fine-tune at will.

Last but certainly not least in reading the documentation, they are rated for EITHER 12 OR 24V. So if anybody is looking for new guages with the old trucks, here you go:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail....15&autoview=sku

Default compexp :

Re: Speedo Recommendation.
    Post by compexp on Sept 15, 2006, 7:01am

I looked at the electronic one, but ended up with the manual due to $$$. Now, my speedo is 40% low. Guess I should have spent the $$ for the electronic one.

Did you get the sending unit to fit on the xfer case, or did you get an adapter and plug it into the end of the stock cable?

Default brute4c :

Post by brute4c on Sept 15, 2006, 8:33am

Nice gauge....good scale for the modified or stock truck...doesnt need to go any higher than that. They are nice to adjust versus the play with a pile of gears and no the math methods...

I am interested in the hook up as well...

Default bluesman2a :

Post by bluesman2a on Sept 15, 2006, 10:44am

Quote:
    Did you get the sending unit to fit on the xfer case, or did you get an adapter and plug it into the end of the stock cable?

There are a couple of ways to go about this... I chose to get a whole new unit. It's a Hall Effect sending unit. It's small has a 90* on it, so it will fit into tight spots and was easy to work into my wiring harness. They come with different threads, I got mine to fit an NP205.

It's essentially 3 wires, a ground and the other two go to the back of the speedo. Also makes it nicer for trying to figure out how to run your speedo cable.

Default compexp :

Post by compexp on Sept 15, 2006, 1:20pm

Ok, let me re-phrase my question - would that work with a stock 200?

Default elohim1 :

Post by elohim1 on Sept 15, 2006, 9:34pm

Quote:

Quote:

There are a couple of ways to go about this... I chose to get a whole new unit. It's a Hall Effect sending unit. It's small has a 90* on it, so it will fit into tight spots and was easy to work into my wiring harness. They come with different threads, I got mine to fit an NP205.

It's essentially 3 wires, a ground and the other two go to the back of the speedo. Also makes it nicer for trying to figure out how to run your speedo cable.

Boy, I wished Bluesman leaved next door to me, he's got the ticket on this M715 modification stuff.

Default binfordm715 :

Post by binfordm715 on Sept 15, 2006, 10:20pm

Yeah, but will it fit my drill?!

Default bluesman2a :

Post by bluesman2a on Sept 15, 2006, 10:52pm

Quote:
    Ok, let me re-phrase my question - would that work with a stock 200?

I cannot say for sure, my 200 was gone long before this came along. But I CAN tell you that the thread is a 7/8-18. I don't know what the NP200 has. I also know this is standard GM and will work with every other Jeep I have worked on (Dana 300, Dana 20, and QT)

Default fsjguy :

Post by fsjguy on Sept 16, 2006, 10:31am

How does that sending unit attach? ?Do you plug it into the end of your speedo cable or does it plug directly into the t-case with a short "cable" that replaces the original? Thanks. That looks like a nice price. All the other speedo (electronic) I've looked at were $200 PLUS a $100 sender.

Default compexp :

Post by compexp on Sept 16, 2006, 10:56am

sending unit is separate, iirc.