Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Batteries do Ya'll use?

1. Default

Any brand preference? More CCA's better?Deep Cycles?
    I've never had a 24Volt vehicle before(2-12volt in series)
    I have had Dual Battery set-ups with Isolaters for Inverters.Anyone use these on their 715? :
    1969 M715

If you can shell out for them, nothing beats the Yellow Top Optimas. But they're pricey.
    **I heart Bump_r **

I've never tried the Yellow Top. I put an Optima Red Top in my 66K20 two years ago and hot, cold, weeks between starts and lots of winching have never led to a non start or ever a slow start. I am going to convert all of my vehicles as the current batteries give out. I saw some at Sears the other day for $129.00.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

i ran 2 yellows in mine. now that its 12 volts im running one...

I've got a deep cycle in my M715 and a reg. hi-amp unit in my regular FSJ. They're great. When my alternator died on the 715, I drove it (with lights on) for days to work and back (10 miles RT) before it finally gave up the ghost. Put a new alt. in and trickle charged the batt. and it was good as new.

I've got 2 Optima red tops in my 715. It's goin' on 4 years and not one single problem or failure!

Because I live in a very cold winter climate....did I mention we got 6 inches earlier this week and will get at least that much by the time it quits snowing today or tommorow!!...anyway, I run group 31 1/2 bulldozer batteries at 1000 CCA each...nothing like reserve...and when we are out ice fishing and whatever in the winter, one can leave the lights on or other stuff for quite a while before there is a problem...I can crank on it at 20 below and its pretty close to summer cranking...then I go turn the van over and hope it starts cause its turning so slow...I do use '00' size cables as well...

brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

its been 79 here for the last 5 days!!!!

Two deep cycle marine batteries, 12 volt, hooked for burly 12 volt.

Lee, why did you drop one of the batteries? Just don't need it or what?

When I went from 24 volt to 12 volt, I just change the way the batts were hooked up.
    Big Blocks RULE!

I'm using two of the original militry 45 amp batteries (2HN) since I'm keeping it stock. Cost was 100-110 for the pair from Star Electric plus $6 to fill em at a local battery shop.