Thread: 230 aftermarket muffler question

Default 230 aftermarket muffler question

I figured this mostly belonged here seeing as I am still using the original engine.

Basically my muffler is shot, holes in it and everything. Has anyone put in new exhaust piping and a flowmaster or gibson or who knows muffler in place?

I'd like to get a deeper tone to the truck but definately dont want to be sounding like some little honda civic out there, if you know what i mean.
    B Co 1/504 PIR 82nd ABN

lookm at the post just below this that starts with "exhaust questions"

Duane

Duane, your post about exhaust doesn't address the tone of a specific muffler, from various manufacturers, when plumbed to a stock motor. It looks like Crisp is looking for what sounds good vs what to avoid.

yes, the post doesnt have decibal or tones, but i figured you could take the dimensions for the stock one, and start matching aftermarket turbo mufflers to see what will fit.
    it was just a starting point.

Duane

And an awesome start at that! The guys on this board are amazing.

I had my muffler and the exhaust pipe from about 3ft from the exhaust manifold to rear of truck replaced. they fitted a muffler that was close to the original, and it's tucked up under the truck just like the old one. As for sound, the new one has a very slight rumble to it.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Default Aftermarket muffler questions

Here was my answer to a stock exhaust system.

http://www.m715zone.com/vb/showthrea...107#post180107

No, it does not have any rumble or tone to it.

Trying to help,
    Mike Cougler, MSgt, USAF Retired, '72-93
    '67 M725, VIN 10030, Delivery: 7/67
    Rochester, NY