Thread: Contract Maintenance Vehicle 10008

Default Contract Maintenance Vehicle 10008

My vehicle was vandalized by people who did not know better... all the glass was fair game to any 22 caliber... swinging dick.

My vehicle was captive, by the fields of time.

Literally, the vehicle was in Webster, South Dakota..... Stuck in the pastures with the history of rust, and grazing cattle.... for its companions.

Let me introduce my vehicle to you folks who support the businesses that entertain us with their relentless search for parts, so each one of us can assemble what we think our motor-pools need.

One such business, I just learned is going to be going the way the rest of this country seems to be going "Closed for business".

Orville, California.... I wish I could do more then just have them make me probably the last canvas products made by there employees.

They probably are not alone... but they did not even make costs this last year.

Inventories will be lost, divided, and basically thrown out, to not only this military parts company but many others.

I was fortunate to learn to let people live their lives. To be silent when I felt silence was warranted.

I have spent time with many of these military parts collectors they don't make money... they can't help themselves they must do it ... just 2 more governors for that single barrel carburetor there new.... well sorta... they say...

You ambassadors for this way of life probably already saw the signs...you were spending less... prices for vehicles, well not everybody is a good negotiator... but they seem to be coming down.

Please support the Venders... I have six dolls I need to dress, as my wife calls them. 4} M715's 1}M724 1}M725. I am looking for the elusive M726...if one has sighted one, please contact. Or you have parts for any one of these dolls... all I can say is no...

Greg

You sound like a true collector sir and some of us know a very few like you.
    Welcome to the Zone .

Yes, welcome Greg. Interesting and a bit of a sad read there. I have indeed noticed a much slimmer supply of surplus parts now days from when I had my first all stock truck 12ish years ago. And with closures and the ever increasing cost of just about everything, I am afraid finding parts is going to get interesting. One of the prime reasons I have a particular appreciation for the guys building and owning and maintaining stock original trucks. Anyway, welcome for sure.

Blog Entries

Hi Greg. Let me know if you want that gas tank, drive shafts, battery box, or engine tranny xfercase combo. Also will have a set of stock seats soon and a steering wheel.

Right up the road in Geneva.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by teking; February 14th, 2021 at 07:11 AM.