Thread: Full rebuild with 12 valve repower

Default Full rebuild with 12 valve repower

After shamefully abandoning my M715 project about 12 years ago I have finally found the time to bring it home and rebuild it. I bought the truck in 2003 when I was in high school. It had a fresh paint job and a Chevy engine and tranny swap. After driving it for a couple years rust started blowing through the paint over the entire truck. I started collecting replacement sheet metal, the doors and windshield frame were the only things worth saving, I tore the truck apart and ran out of time money, and space to rebuild it, so I tucked it away in the corner of a parking lot, never imagining it would take 12 years to get back to it. I towed it home over the weekend, and a friend helped me tear it apart over the past couple nights. I picked up a 1993 12 valve for t a couple weeks ago, haven't bought my transmission yet, but have most everything I need besides that for my build. Hoping to get the frame cleaned up and painted in the next week. I'll post pictures as I go. Hoping to get a good head start before winter gets here and it becomes too cold to work in the unheated garage.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good luck and keep posting updates!

This truck had a small block Chevy when I bought it. Not sure how many engines had been in the truck previously, these mounts are ugly, glad they're coming out for the cummins install. Looks like a fair amount of frame material got melted into the weld bead in the mounts. Hopefully it didn't weaken the frame too much.

You can mount your new mounts on a large plate, then weld it to the frame, which will spread the engine load and reinforce the frame.

Them is ugly additions to the stock frame...boy, I hope it didnt weaken it too...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Hello

My build thread here should help:
    http://m715zone.com/vb/showthread.php?t=27844

Cummins 5.9, Ford ZF5, NP205, Ford Dana 60 Kingpin/Sterling 10.25

67' M715/5.9 Cummins/ZF5/NP205

Default 12 bt cummings

why does everyone seem to want only the 12 bt cummings if they put in a cummings engine ?? why not go with a newer model cummings engine because they have much more horse power and torque ??

Simple, little wiring, and you can turn them up huge with the twist of a screw...
    Is that real money?