Thread: M725 Campers

Default M725 Campers

I'm looking at buying a M725 with the intent of turning it into a camper.
    I would like to see pictures of what other guys have done to the inside to make their campers.

Thanks Tom

Default M725 campers

Hi there. Seems like there should be some pics on here somewhere of some camper conversions, but I really haven't found many in my searches.

As-is, you can roll out a couple of sleeping bags and camping pads in the patient compartment back there, but I'm guessing you might be thinking of more modifications than that. I know that there are purists on here that think the camper-izing of a good M725 is a low-level sin, but this is the Modified Tech section of the forum . . . . . . .so . . . . .

I've studied how one might put RV windows in the M725 patient compartment box walls-and the closely spaced structural steel uprights in the walls limit you to little tiny windows unless you are willing to cut out one of those supports and spread the load of the cut upright with a welded/bolted steel "header" above and below the window. Its one of those modifications I'm not wild about being the first to try. I've also had thoughts about fabricating a rain gutter mounted bolt-on full length aluminum roof top rack that could be used to pitch one of those vehicle roof top tents on.

So what were your ideas? Go ahead and let your camperizer-flag fly

Brycer1968
    1969 M725 ambulance

The truck got sold before I could get it. So that plan is out the window for now.

I found another one
    I found another M725, so my camper project is back on.
    Drive train is going to be Cummins 6BT NV4500 borg-warner 1345 transfer case
    Ford d60 front axle Dana 70 rear

I've attached a couple of pics,if it works
    Attached Images Attached Images

Keep the pics coming and let us know your plans....
    Is that real money?